This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ils.dll

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi… im new to these forums and ive got a problem I ran my computer as every day and i get a message from AVAST! antivirus, it says it has found a suspicious file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ils.dll I click ignore and then another avast window pops up, saying it has found a virus and that i should restart my pc for it to check for malware i restart, avast makes its virus check and nothing. When i log in again i get the same message and im afraid it will be like that over and over… can anybody help me please?!
Hi Its a false positive circulating at the moment. Hold your breath and nerves, and wait for the next update or try to manually update. See if the problem still exists, if yes, then I suggest taking CatBytes advice. Regards Abydos
:welcome: asdf,

I run Avast but have not had the false positives mentioned by my fellow colleagues.

We hope you enjoy the forum, take a good browse around as there is lots to read and learn.

Catbye's advice is best if you are in doubt at all.

Best regards,
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ils.dll is a Netmeeting file. I've got Avast on a computer and I haven't gotten this false positive. My working theory is that because I don't use Netmeeting, I don't register a false positive. The file does in fact exist on my computer.

asdf,

Do you, have you used Netmeeting?
(There is no value to this discussion other than to satisfy my curiosity because I do believe it is in fact a false positive)

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ils.dll is a Netmeeting file

Tomk, I have that file at the above location.

You maybe interested in this information Tomk….. Still things are the same as below:

Alert to install ZoneAlarm 8.0.65.0

Two days ago, I received the thread title details to install.
I checked in my Systems Tray by right clicking on my current ZoneAlarm installation 7.0.483.000 and sure enough on opening it stated that an update was available.

I downloaded and ran the new version, only to be told:
"Could not load DLL library".
C:\DOCUM~1\user\locals~1\temp\121508190207 vsutll.dll configuration is incorrect, re-installing the application may fix this problem OK. This system must be restarted to complete the installation, click OK button to restart this computer. Press cancel to return to Windows." I did all that to no avail.

I rebooted, download again all 26.4MB to my desktop this time and tried again with the same message showing when trying to install.

Would anyone know why suddenly I am alerted to this update, but my PC shows the above error in the configuration. I have not yet booted up my Laptop running Windows XPSP3 as this PC is to see if the same thing happens.

I have had ZoneAlarm for some time on both computers with not a moments trouble on either. I googled for an answer, but none was available to date. Both installed SP3 at least 6 months ago, so it is not a new installation of service pack that is causing this in my opinion.

Between trying to install from run, then from the Desktop, I ran ATF-Cleaner.exe to clear all temp files.

I would appreciate any help.

Edit:I booted up the Laptop after shutting down the PC for the night, no update alert for it, so cannot compare the two computers, although they are running the same OS and version of ZoneAlarm. I am thinking that maybe I need to uninstall the current version on the PC before attempting to install the new version sitting on the PC desktop?
tallin, Did you get this resolved? I've done a little research (I'm sure you've done alot). I have no knowledge or understanding that could be helpful. :blush:
Yes Tomk, You are right, I did lots of research, things are still the same. This PC tells me there is an update for ZoneAlarm, but my Laptop says ZoneAlarm is up to date!!!! I finally posted a thread on their home Forum, but no answer from them yet? Thanks for following this up and for the research you have done. All is running well on both systems, so I should be thankful for that. Best regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI