This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Pop-up problems

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'm getting pop-ups that seem harmless, but are annoying. I get them when I search for something, or go to a new site, but then again I don't get them everytime. I even have my pop-up blocker on and they still come up. They seem to be harmless, and I never click on them. There is a few different ones. There is one from amazon.com, findstuff.com, shopzilla.com, and a few others. I've scanned my computer with Avira Antivirus scanner, Spybot-search and destroy, Malwarebytes anti-malware, Super-anti spyware and Ad-aware. They have found stuff and removed it, but I still get the pop-ups. What else can I do??
Hi Lee-Anne,

I would suggest you follow LDTate's link to post a HJT log in the correct forum. I realise you have already done some of it, but follow through to the end making sure you backup your registry at the very beginning of the link.

Best regards,
Hello Lee. What web browser are you using? It might be that the pop-ups you describe are the ones embedded in various sites too advertise various products. Also, if possible please post a screen shot of one of those pop-ups. It will help us understand your issue better.

Hope that helps. :)

– Mohit
Lee-Anne, you could try a different web browser, see if that makes a difference. I suggest you try Mozilla FireFox. If it works better, use it instead of Internet Explorer, at least until this problem is resolved.

Lee-Anne, you could try a different web browser, see if that makes a difference. I suggest you try Mozilla FireFox. If it works better, use it instead of Internet Explorer, at least until this problem is resolved.


In league with Ztruker's advice, you could also consider adding the addon
AdBlock+ to Mozilla Firefox and see if it helps.

AdBlock+

Regards Abydos

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI