Hinzu
Topic Starter
Just yesterday, my system seemingly out of nowhere started killing and restarting the explorer.exe process once every 5 or 6 seconds. When this happens my task bar disappears, and my desktop disappears leaving only the background image… then reappears in a few seconds. This cycle repeats itself every 5 or 6 seconds continually the entire time my system is on. I have run the most recent version of AVG, and the process was not fixed. I ran Spybot S&D, which detected 11 different occurrences of the Virtumonde trojan, however when attempting to fix them they just appear to come right back. I decided to run AVG and Spybot in Safe Mode as well. However it appears the virus is apparent even in Safe mode. The system prompts me to continue in safe mode or use system restore, I am allowed to click Yes or No, I choose an option, and the system cycles all over again. Explorer.exe is restarting even in safe mode. I have decided to come here and post a HJT log to see if I can get some help.