Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

JAVA Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 txman

txman

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:31 AM

Hey, I haven't played with JAVA in about three years. I'm using text pad. I load up my .java file, compile it, and run it, and it comes back with the error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: helloworld Press any key to continue . . . I know it's something I've completely overlooked, and theres a real easy fix to it, just for the life of me I can't remember how to get it to include that class file.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:29 AM

Hi txman,

Have a look in Add and Remove, if you have old Java utilites present uninstall them manually or download and run JavaRa.exe to do it for you.

The latest Java Runtime Environment can be found here.

You do need to keep Java up to date as old versions are vulnerable to your system and should always be removed before installing the newest version.

Kind regards,

#3 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:26 PM

Here's a little research that may or may not assist

Classpath is not correctly set. Read documents
http://java.sun.com/...ex.html#general

Setting the Classpath
How Classes are Found
Basic Tools - javac
Basic Tools - java

Problem often occurs when reinstalling Java,
easy to fix: right-click on my computer, Properties,
select the Advanced Tab, then press the Environment Variables button below and a window pops up.
At the bottom all you have to do is delete CLASSPATH and QTJava variables in the list.

Microsoft MVP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

#4 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:12 PM

Also, this link might be beneficial:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError