This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

JAVA Problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey, I haven't played with JAVA in about three years. I'm using text pad. I load up my .java file, compile it, and run it, and it comes back with the error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: helloworld Press any key to continue . . . I know it's something I've completely overlooked, and theres a real easy fix to it, just for the life of me I can't remember how to get it to include that class file.
Hi txman,

Have a look in Add and Remove, if you have old Java utilites present uninstall them manually or download and run JavaRa.exe to do it for you.

The latest Java Runtime Environment can be found here.

You do need to keep Java up to date as old versions are vulnerable to your system and should always be removed before installing the newest version.

Kind regards,
Here's a little research that may or may not assist

Classpath is not correctly set. Read documents
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldo…ex.html#general

Setting the Classpath
How Classes are Found
Basic Tools - javac
Basic Tools - java

Problem often occurs when reinstalling Java,
easy to fix: right-click on my computer, Properties,
select the Advanced Tab, then press the Environment Variables button below and a window pops up.
At the bottom all you have to do is delete CLASSPATH and QTJava variables in the list.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI