Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

File Folder Called Tracking?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Diehard

Diehard

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 05:57 AM

Hi guys First off let me say thanks again for clearing my log but the other day i happened to find a folder under Documents and settings called "tracking" It has a log file which I will post for you. Cant read it but maybe you will know if this folder is normal ??????????? Thanks again Diehard Yea I know cant read it but thought I would post for you to see ė§CfūīŅ˛Ž ĀOš8m   day ”Ôč—VšCŧŅá$qz  › › ˙˙˙˙  ›                                                                                   !   "  # !  $ "  % #  & $  ' %  ( &  ) '  * (  + )  , *  - +  . ,  / -  0 .  1 /  2 0  3 1  4 2  5 3  6 4  7 5  8 6  9 7  : 8  ; 9  < :  = ;  > <  ? =  @ >  A ?  B @  C A  D B  E C  F D  G E  H F  I G  J H  K I  L J  M K  N L  O M  P N  Q O  R P  S Q  T R  U S  V T  W U  X V  Y W  Z X  [ Y  \ Z  ] [  ^ \  _ ]  ` ^  a _  b `  c a  d b  e c  f d  g e  h f  i g  j h  k i  l j  m k  n l  o m  p n  q o  r p  s q  t r  u s  v t  w u  x v  y w  z x  { y  | z  } {  ~ |   }  € ~     ‚ €  ƒ   „ ‚  … ƒ  † „  ‡ …  ˆ †  ‰ ‡  Š ˆ  ‹ ‰  Œ Š   ‹  Ž Œ      Ž  ‘   ’   “ ‘  ” ’  • “  – ”  — •  ˜ –  ™ —  š ˜  › ™  š 

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 03 June 2004 - 08:42 AM

Hi Diehard I went back thru all the posts you've made at TomCoyote.com I tracked all the infections you've had that have been cured (to the best of my ability). I couldn't find any infection where it was documented that it creates a folder called "tracking". It's obviously a binary file. And it doesn't appear to have the names of any other files embedded in it (unless they are encrypted), so we can't easily tie it to any other files on your system. The log file inside should have a "last modified" date (if you click it with the mouse). If it hasn't been "modified" recently, it may be leftover from an infection that was cured. I would do a fresh virus scan (maybe coupled with an online scan from Trend-Micro using the link in my signature). If they don't detect and remove anything, just check the log file periodically. If the "last modified" date doesn't change over the next few weeks, I don't think I would consider it a "threat". If the "last modified" date does change, but virus scans continue to come up empty, it's still probably not a threat. It may be coupled with some other software on your machine. Just keep an eye on it for a while. M68 :)
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!