Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Spyware monster

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HMH22

HMH22

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:30 AM

Recently I have started to see Spyware Monster pop up on a blue screen on my computer. This has been happening for about a week now, and it starts by bringing up Antivirus 2009. Let me explain we had viruses before and we were looking for ways to get rid of it so I believe someone in my household downloaded it off from the internet on to our computer. I went though and brought Iola Technologies System Shield 3 Internet Security for our computer. It was put on and everything seemed to be alright it was taking care of it making sure no viruses were coming up and this was about two months ago. Now about a week ago we started to see this Spyware Monster thing come up and how it does it is you will see the alert signs all coming from Antivirus 2009 and then the screen gets bigger and then the blue screen comes on with the Stop Spyware Monster with a long number behind it comes on then it goes to a black screen with Microsoft XP on it (we have Windows Vista by-the-way) and 3 little blue dots moving back and forth and then it will go back to whatever you were on before it happened and it seems to do this about every 15-20 minutes. I don't believe we have any viruses on the computer because when I go to Iola to bring scan it can only find one. With the Antivirus 2009 it says there are 34 I belive that the Antivirus 2009 is my virus but I can't get it off. I try to uninstall it but it is not listed under the programs and can't get it off the luanch bar I don't know what to do. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:49 AM

Hello :welcome:

You need the help of our Malware Experts to rid you of this Rogue Antivirus program.

You will need to download Hijack This and post in the HijackThis™ Logs and Infections Removal Forum.

Please read all the instructions >here< carefully before you post.

Good Luck

CB

Microsoft MVP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

#3 HMH22

HMH22

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:04 PM

Thanks sorry I thought I was in the right forum.

#4 gtojudge242005

gtojudge242005

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:34 PM

this is getting to be common every where. hijackthis is good. also anti-malware is another good one to get rid of this problem hope it helps. www.malwarebytes.org This is a free download to.

#5 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:00 PM

Glad to see you here, Posted Image

This is a good link to start with if you need downloads or help.

Enjoy the forum, post if you need help or if you can help.

Kind regards,