This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Spyware monster

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Recently I have started to see Spyware Monster pop up on a blue screen on my computer. This has been happening for about a week now, and it starts by bringing up Antivirus 2009. Let me explain we had viruses before and we were looking for ways to get rid of it so I believe someone in my household downloaded it off from the internet on to our computer. I went though and brought Iola Technologies System Shield 3 Internet Security for our computer. It was put on and everything seemed to be alright it was taking care of it making sure no viruses were coming up and this was about two months ago. Now about a week ago we started to see this Spyware Monster thing come up and how it does it is you will see the alert signs all coming from Antivirus 2009 and then the screen gets bigger and then the blue screen comes on with the Stop Spyware Monster with a long number behind it comes on then it goes to a black screen with Microsoft XP on it (we have Windows Vista by-the-way) and 3 little blue dots moving back and forth and then it will go back to whatever you were on before it happened and it seems to do this about every 15-20 minutes. I don't believe we have any viruses on the computer because when I go to Iola to bring scan it can only find one. With the Antivirus 2009 it says there are 34 I belive that the Antivirus 2009 is my virus but I can't get it off. I try to uninstall it but it is not listed under the programs and can't get it off the luanch bar I don't know what to do. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hello :welcome:


You need the help of our Malware Experts to rid you of this Rogue Antivirus program.

You will need to download Hijack This and post in the HijackThis™ Logs and Infections Removal Forum.

Please read all the instructions >here< carefully before you post.

Good Luck

CB
this is getting to be common every where. hijackthis is good. also anti-malware is another good one to get rid of this problem hope it helps. www.malwarebytes.org This is a free download to.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI