This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

COMPUTER W/SAFE MODE ONLY NO RESTORE & BLANK SCREEN

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

DEAR TECHS I HAVE A DELL DEM 4500 WITH WINDOWS XP SP 2 IT HAS A 111GB DRIVE. A WEEK AGO MY APRICORN EXTERNAL HD 500 GB WENT MISSING ON MY COMPUTER IT NO LONGER WAS VISIBLE ANYWHERE ON MY COMPUTER. DELL FINALLY GAVE UP I NOW OWN A ROCK. SINCE THEN ONE THING OR ANOTHER. HAS GONE DOWN ON THE MAIN SYSTEM TONIGHT I TRIED TO RESTORE THE COMPUTER TO AN EARLIER REGISTRY WITH MY SYSTEM MECHANICPROGRAM'S REGISTRY BACKUP. WHEN IT STARTED TO BOOT UP A BLANK SCREEN APPEARED. IT WILL SHOWED THE DELL SCREEN. THEN NOTHING. IF I TURN IT OFF MANUALLY THEN HIT F8 IT WILL GO INTO SAFE MODE. SYSTEM RESTORE DOES NOT WORK. NOR DOES CLEANING THE REGISTRY REPARING THE REGISTRY ECT. I HAVE HUNTED AND GOOGLED. NOTHING SEEMS TO FIT EXACTLY SO I AM HOPING SOME ONE CAN TALK ME THROUGH THIS. THE VIEW THING SAYS I HAVE ERROR IN ASPI32 AVGLDX86 FIPS KLIF OMCI ECT MY EXTERNAL HD SEEMS TO BE A ROCK NOW. I CANT LOSE THIS ONE. THANK YOU LARRYPASHA
:welcome: LarryPasha,

First of all you are shouting at us with your caps lock on……That is considered shouting at whoever is reading your text. Perhaps you have done it by mistake.

Secondly, you have posted twice in General Hardware with exactly the same issue. Doing that will not get your query answered more quicky, all it does is confuse the volunteers on here who are wanting to assist other Members. You may have also done this by mistake?

I suggest you follow this link through to the end, making sure you do each and every step offered.

Then if you are able to post a HJT log, please be patient as the Malware accredited experts are very busy, are volunteers, have real jobs, so give of their time to help others. If you have had no response in 5 days, please post a gentle reminder here

While you are waiting for a response, you may like to have a look around, browse the forum, there is so much to read and learn.

Kind regards,
Dear Sir I actualy spent an hr trying to post, told youI was a newbie. I was not aware it had posted. On my picture page I alread apologized for two post. The cap key was an accident when I went to post. Thanks. I am patient and I can follow an kind tech's directions.

Dear Sir

I actually spent an hr trying to post, told youI was a newbie. I was not aware it had posted. On my picture page I alread apologized for two post. The cap key was an accident when I went to post. Thanks. I am patient and I can follow an kind tech's directions.

Larry,

Now you need to follow my last post to submit the HJT log where stated.

Hover your mouse over the word link and here in my last post and you will be guided how to do it.

Good luck

Best regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI