This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Applications and icons keep closing when selected

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:pullhair: help I have problem which started a week ago, I installed quake 4, I also ticked the option for installing direct x 9. (I don't know what version I was running already) since then I have had problems with icons disapearing on my taskbar when right clicking, also pasting text into any program including notebook, IE7 search bar,etc. the programs instantly close down. also if I click on help & support I get a "help and support centre needs to close" message. opening menu bars then picking on an item listed also does the same thing. I have tried to run websetup.exe, with this I get a "setup could bot download file please try again or check connection. I have uninstalled Q4 to no avail I use avg free, & Zonealarm free.
:welcome: bzr1234,

Good to see you have found this forum, have a browse around as there is lots to read and learn.

I suggest you go to this link and follow exactly what LDTate has suggested.

with kink regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI