This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Antivirus 2009

41 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok Viewpoint gone, I trust you completely :thumbup: Now as for the FreeSaver thing I could care less I would delete and be done with it, but hubby and kids love it. If I remove the exe file will it remove all of the screensavers as well? If so I have to get clearance first as this one is "his" computer :smack: Otherwise this one is running great aside from java script errors that drive me nuts sometimes, but then it goes away for a while :wacko: Glad to know this one is much better off, thanks so much! Oh one last question, those programs you recommended downloading for the other computer are they compatible with Vista as well, if so should I run them on this computer also? Just wondering because so far McAfee and Defender seem to be doing a good job. Thanks again :wavey:
reyadawnbringer,

It's your computer to do as you see fit. That screensaver program is known to put adware on your system. Maybe we've already killed it. I don't know for sure. If you really like it and it isn't causing you problems, you are perfectly capable of making an informed decision. ^_^

The same goes with additional security programs. Those suggestions will work with Vista. It is up to you to decide if you actually need them. Just because it's a good idea to have them, you are by no means required to have them.

If you never go the wrong place or click on the wrong thing, you can be malware free with a firewall and an antivirus (and nothing else). The challenge we have here is we need to make recommendations for the computers that have 8 year olds (or 40 year olds) that click on every pop up and open every email attachment. Only you can decide what your going to have.
Thanks so much! I want to be as protected as I can because with kids around you never know what they will download at any given time, well the same goes with husbands in my case :smack: I am glad to know that those programs work with Vista as well.


Thanks again so very much for your help and have a wonderful weekend :)
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI