This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] adware.lop

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Leomar

Welcome to the What the tech Forums
My name is mschroe919 and I am going to read your log.
I would like to help you So if you would….
Please be patient and I will be back as soon as possible.

Please while I am gone do these steps:

Show hidden files, Here is how:

Windows XP

* Click Start.
* Open My Computer.
* Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
* Select the View Tab.
* Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
* Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
* Click Yes to confirm.
* Click OK.

NEXT:

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

Download it

HERE:

This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

NEXT:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

HERE

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform FULL SCAN, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt
post a new scanner[HJT] log and the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware log

Be sure not to delete anything intill said ok to. also don't run any other cleanup programs till we
get done it may goof ours up.
Also if you have any questions feel fre to ask first.

When you post another hjt log and the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware log , let me know how your PC is behavuing

I will be waiting to see new logs
NOTICE DO NOT USE THE ATTAHMENT WAY TO POST YOUR LOGS
WHEN YOU HAVE SAVED YOUR LOGS COPY AND PASTE HERE

Please stay with us till you pc is clean, cause what may soon look like your pc is doing fine,
a hidden virus shows up.

mschroe919
Hi Leomar I got your message, please explain what is going on and I will try dto figure it out. Your attachment if you change it to a .doc instaed of .txt I might be able to read it. mschroe919
Hi mschroe919 When you get home I will try once again to send the Log's for you, now I'm in college and I have the files here. I will try to copy them in Word and attach. Once again thanks for your disposal!!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI