Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Desktop, etc. problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chillo

Chillo

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:10 PM

Hey guys, I just restarted my laptop awhile ago (running on vista) and when it went on the appearance was in classic mode and an error appeared: Location is not available C;\\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible. Access denied There are only 4 icons on y desktop right now, the User, Recycle bin, internet explorer and my computer. I dont know what happened...and my laptop has become slower in result of this.. Also most of my programs couldn't open too.. I tried restoring and repairing but nothing happens..I have also updated with the windows update.. Please help

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 HFCG

HFCG

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:I like historical buildings, ghost, and dogs &cats

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:06 PM

Hello,
Please read this article.
You will see .bak instead of .bad
You may have to do this in safe mode (under the administrator account).

Deo gratiam habeamus
Thank you for considering a Donation to What the Tech!
The purple text in my post are links for you to click on
Computer CPUs are designed so that the address of any piece of data in virtual memory is tracked by a single integer register. So the total amount of data the computer can keep in its working field depends on the width of these registers. A 32 bit register size enables 232 addresses (4 GB) to be referenced. Switching to a 64 bit register increases the available address space to (approximately) 16 TB. This is why 32 bit operating systems can only use up to 4 GB of RAM, and 64 bit operating systems can use much more. (I have a 32 bit system)

#3 Chillo

Chillo

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:16 AM

thanks for the quick reply but it didnt want to work =( I followed everything until i got to the profilelist....under profile list there were 4 folders...none of them had the suffix ending in ".bak"... help?