This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Desktop, etc. problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hey guys, I just restarted my laptop awhile ago (running on vista) and when it went on the appearance was in classic mode and an error appeared: Location is not available C;\\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible. Access denied There are only 4 icons on y desktop right now, the User, Recycle bin, internet explorer and my computer. I dont know what happened…and my laptop has become slower in result of this.. Also most of my programs couldn't open too.. I tried restoring and repairing but nothing happens..I have also updated with the windows update.. Please help
thanks for the quick reply but it didnt want to work =( I followed everything until i got to the profilelist….under profile list there were 4 folders…none of them had the suffix ending in ".bak"… help?