This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

sata drivers

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, Got this computer from a friend and need to reformat sata hard drive. Do I need raid/sata drivers in order to do this? If so, does anyone know where can I get them? I've looked everywhere. From what I gather, even though the motherboard was manufactured by ASuS, it's technically a Hewlett-Packard. Or something like that. Also, is it possible to configure this in the bios as an ide hard drive? Any help is greatly appreciated, Thank you. Athlon 64 X2 (W) 3800+ 2.0 GHz 2000 MT/s (mega transfers/second) Socket AM2 Chipset GeForce 6150 LE Motherboard Manufacturer: Asus Motherboard Name: A8M2N-LA HP/Compaq motherboard name: NodusM3-GL8E Memory Component Attributes Memory Installed 1 GB Maximum allowed 4 GB* (4 x 1 GB) *Actual available memory may be less Speed supported PC2-4200 MB/sec Type 240 pin, DDR2 SDRAM Hard drive 200 GB SATA 7200 rpm
Hmmm, it seems Compaq/HP sells at least two different computers using different versions of the same board. According to here, that board has 2 SATA ports, but as seen here, it has 4. You need to look and see which one you have.

With XP, you need a disk, typically a floppy created from a file on the motherboard utilities disk and during the XP installation, you are prompted to press F6 to install 3rd Party SCSI controllers - though not SCSI, this is when you insert the floppy, and XP learns now to talk to SATA. But then I also found NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller Update - it might be what you are looking for.
Mine has 4 sata ports. You wouldn't happen to know where to get the motherboard utilities disk for this motherboard would you? I've looked on hp.com and can find them. Maybe I'm missing something. Or looking for the wrong thing. And how I would go about creating this floppy once I do get mobo disk? Also, I would like to try slipstreaming sata controller into XP boot disk. The NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller Update which you suggested is an executable file. Do you know if I can simply include this executable into slipstreaming process. This may seem like a really naïve question, but I know absolutely nothing about drivers. Thank you,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI