This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

P5Q deluxe motherboard help

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Just purchased a new Asus P5Q deluxe motherboard and for the life of me can't figure out how or where to hookup the CDROM drives. Can anyone help please?
look at the back of the drive. if you see a long row of pins it requires a IDE ribbon cable. the board should have at least one IDE connector. check the manual for its location and note the correct orientation for plugging it into the board. the drive could also use the thinner new SATA cable. which is your drive?
I have three drives. I know which ones (two of them) are IDE. The thirds appears to have the thinner SATA. That is not the problem. I have two hard drives plugged into the IDe board connector but I do not see another board connector. Could it be that the board requires the newer SATA drives? Thanks for the reply.

but I do not see another board connector

newer boards may only have a single IDE channel. The old primary,secondary IDE channels are on there way out. Its all going to SATA.

from the Asus web site for your board:

1 x IDE connector
6 x SATA connectors (red)
2 x Drive Xpert SATA connectors (orange)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI