Hardware
Vista and network printer
2 min read
riverwind
Topic Starter
I've got an interesting situation. I've got wireless hp officejet j6480, a wired desktop and a wireless laptop both running Vista Ultimate. If the computers are turned on before the printer is then Vista doesn't detect the printer but if the printer is turned on before the computers are the Vista does detect the printer. Why is it like this and how can I fix it. And please hurry my dad is breathing down my neck to fix this!
tallin
Hello riverwind,
I leave my printer turned on all the time, even when my Network computers are shut down……….Really you do not have a problem
as far as I can see if you leave your pirnter turned on always.
Best regards,
riverwind
Hello riverwind,
I leave my printer turned on all the time, even when my Network computers are shut down……….Really you do not have a problemas far as I can see if you leave your pirnter turned on always.
Best regards,
I don't want to be wasting energy. I'm just wanting to know if this is a problem or not and if so how do I fix it.
UPDATE: I got the laptop seeing the printer properly but the desktop on the other hand sees the memory card slots on the printer but not the printer itself.
tallin
Hi riverwind,
Are you Windows Updates current for your Vista OS.
Maybe there is help in the above link that will assist you.
best regards,
Are you Windows Updates current for your Vista OS.
Maybe there is help in the above link that will assist you.
best regards,
riverwind
Well what ever the problem was it must have fixed itself because both computers are recognizing the printer correctly.
EDIT:I know this is off subject but I recently upgraded my XP computer to Vista Ultimate without a key. When I actually go to buy the key do I need to buy an upgrade key or a retail install key?
tallin
Your computer is vulnerable with no registered OS running.
I would suggest you get to a retail outlet quickly and buy the correct key advised by the outlet once you tell them what you have done. Then go to the Windows Update link and bring your system up to date.
We here at WTT will not give assistance to anyone running an unregistered or pirated OS.
Please read The Terms of Use and below is a quote from it.
I would suggest you get to a retail outlet quickly and buy the correct key advised by the outlet once you tell them what you have done. Then go to the Windows Update link and bring your system up to date.
We here at WTT will not give assistance to anyone running an unregistered or pirated OS.
Please read The Terms of Use and below is a quote from it.
The posting of links or references to warez or any other type of illegal software is strictly forbidden. By doing so you risk having your user account terminated without warning. We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software illegally.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI