This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] hijacked for real

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have been hijacked by a workgroup through windows/system32. There are 18 users. I have removed everything of theirs. But, they have administrator access to PPoe and remote access. I remove everything I can RE-install windows on a formatted disk. But, all their drivers and programs and internet access lives on. I have totally disconnected everthing. I have comodo firewall. But, the computer is coming up system32. Not even my computer. When I removed everthing. The administrator put on my computer , OWNER-like I am sitting in front of the computer. When I try to reboot, it comes up that I can only use F1 orF2 to reboot. I even turned it for for 2 weeks from the outlet. When I turned back on my computer, connected to the internet, they booted me off my personel modem not wireless. So, I can connect to the internet again. I even bought a new computer. As soon as I hook it up. There they were, taking it over. Reinstallilng windows does not help. They took that computer too! One of the user keeps SHELL files and folder on it. Hi-jack-This said it was 48,000 files on it. But, I can't remove them. HELP :pullhair:
Hi patti O,

:welcome:

My name is Tomk. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

  • I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

Quite frankly, I have know idea what you are trying to say in your initial post. It won't mean alot until I see a log anyway so lets move forward and see if we can figure out what is going on.

Download HijackThis from Here .
  • If using Internet Explorer, Please select RUN
  • If Using Firefox, Download to your Desktop and then Double-Click on Icon to start installation.
  • Choose the default location of C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis as the destination. HJT needs to be in its own folder so that the program itself isn't deleted by accident. Having the backups could be VITAL to restoring your system if something went wrong in the FIX process!
  • Click the Install button.
  • Accept the license agreement .
  • The progam will place a shortcut on your desktop. This will make it easier for you to access the tool when required.
  • Click Do a system scan and save a log file. A Notepad file will open.
  • To post the text, first you must highlight the entire text and then press the (Ctrl+C) keys which copies it to your clipboard.
  • Now paste the log into this thread using the (Ctrl + V) buttons.


DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL WE CHECK THE LOG, AS MOST OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO THE FUNCTION OF YOUR COMPUTER

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI