This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

How To Set Up Wireless Printer

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I wonder if anyone can explain how I can set up an all in one (network ready) laser printer to work wirelessly with all computers here at home? I have a wireless network which is shared by 3 laptops and my own desktop. They are wirelessly connected to the interner by a Netgear Wireless ADSL Modem Router DG834G v3. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation Norman
hi There, Thanks for the very fast reply but the link you have referred me to is a little too expansive. Do you think you could simplify? All I really want is for all users to be able to use the same printer once it's 'converted' to wireless. Norman
Step #4 is not expansive, it is very basic. Which part of the instructions was confusing ? Using the Network Setup Wizard if you did not see the "sharing" tab in the installed printer "properties" window ? [in the "printers and faxes" section, right-click the printer to be "shared" choose -properties-] Or the use of the -Sharing- tab itself ? Tallon41
Hi NormanR,

Would you mind posting back and telling us what you actually did to solve your problem……….thanks.
This does help us considerably so we can assist others with their problems in the future.

kind regards,
Hi, Ok. I suppose my remedy was a bit of a cop out (though more practical) but what I decided to do was to purchase an MFC with wireless capability incorporated. I haven't received the machine yet but I assume if I follow the set up instructions on how to add the device to my wireless netwok it will be OK. The model I have in mind is the Brother MFC-9840CDW and I will be making my decision in the next few days. Thank you again for all your help. Norman

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI