This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Wireless internet running very slow

9 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I tried disabling windows firewall and keeping avira firewall running. No luck I tried disabling avira and activating windows firewall… still slow I tried disabling all firewalls… still slow. Doesn't seem to be firewall related. Any other suggestions? Thanks
well on inspecting your HJT log…. I see [Notebook Maximizer] C:\Program Files\Notebook Maximizer\maximizer_startup.exe This program puts its greedy little fingers into many parts of the system in an effort to "maximize" battery-life among other things. click—start—run, then type: "msconfig" (no quotes, then press [enter] ) when the "system configuration utility" opens, click the -startup- tab, locate the above entry, un-check it, click [OK] and reboot the PC. See if that helps. Tallon41
Hi slo36, I have a client that only today I was called to for the very same problem as you have described in your initial post. I tried all the Troubleshooting I knew which did not correct the problem. I then contacted Tech Support for the customers ISP, there was nothing wrong their end with Hardware at the telephone exchange, so I replaced the Wireless card and all is well, internet access running to normal speed. Suggest you try the above. kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI