I'm not sure if I am in the right forum, but here I go…

I was just upgraded to 4G internet service today. There is one destop (hard-wired) and multiple laptops in my home. Speeds are improved on all computers except my laptop (which I also use for work so it is the most important). When performing speed checks, the desktop and 2 of the laptops are between 9 and 10 Mbps (fantastic!!)…but my laptop is about 3 Mbps, and sometimes slower. I'm not sure if it matters, but my laptop is also closest to the router, and I've even tested the laptops at the same location.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to increase speed on my laptop….thanks!


EDIT: Since it's been 3 days, I re-posted this in the Virus/Malware forum and tied it with a few other issues I've been having with my laptop. After thinking about it, I thought maybe it was a malware issue that was causing the slow connection. I have no clue, but thought it is worth a shot.

Link to malware removal thread


EDIT2: No virus/malware was found, so I was referred to the Microsoft Windows Forum.

Link to new thread in the Windows Forum