Hi,
for the past week or so I am suffering from daily (at least once per day) BSOD errors when accessing the internet. I share a computer with my wife and we have not been able to see any commonality with respect to the sites we are visiting that cause the crashes. The error details are as follows:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0x000000D1 (ox30007000, 0x000000002, 0x00000000, 0xADBDA461)
NVTCP.SYS - address ADBDA461 base at ADBD8000, datestamp 4253b85b
(sorry, but there may be more or less zeros than I have typed above).
Maybe a red herring but in the last week the two updates I have tried to install have failed:
Slysoft ANyDVD failed with an error message that said "Error decompressing data ! Corrupt installer?"
NVIDIA drivers (178.13) install failed with: "The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity, and try again."
In both cases I have downloaded updates from the vendor sites. And have repeatedly retried the download and then install - with the same results.
Please let me know if you need further info (I'm running XP SP3, 2Gb ram, NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT graphics, AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+ processor, Asus A8n-SLI mobo)
Thanks for you help,
Mike
NVTCP.SYS belongs to NVIDIA TCP/IP Protocol Driver. Do you have an onboard Nvidia network connection?
Download and run Greg Topola's System Information for Windows, no installation necessary. Then click on File then Create log file.
Use the Browse and Upload buttons below the message input area to upload the file here, then click on the Manage Current Attachments drop down and select the file you uploaded. It will place a link in your reply so we can look at your hardware/software setup.
You may have to zip the file first since it will exceed the allowed size. When I ran it on my computer it created a 753KB file called SIW_20080930_173502_DESKTOP.html (I saved it to my Desktop).
Hi there and thanks for helping out.
I will create the file when I get home later today. No, I do not use emule (or at least I have not explicitly installed it).
By the way, should I create a seperate post for the installer problem?
Regards,
Mike
Hi Mike, got the file. I really like it because it provides a ton of information. I noticed you do have a Nvidia network device, most likely integrated on the AUSTEK system board.
Do you use it? If not, try disabling it in BIOS setup or from Device Manager, see if that resolves the NVTCP.SYS problem. If so, you can leave it disabled since you have the Gigabit NIC or try reinstalling the driver for it by downloading it from the ASUS web site. Once this is fixed we can work on the installer problem.
Thanks - only when I looked at the log did I remember I had a second network connection…….. Am now using this and have not had a BSOD. I will keep monitoring.