Hi,
I have the same error STOP 0x0000000A 0x000000B0 0x00000002 0x00000000 0x8052D4DA
on a new install of XP SP2 on a Sony Vaio laptop model PCG-V505DP as soon as I install
Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition (10.1.5.5000)
Laptop works fine until Symantec AntiVirus installed then displays the stop error every shutdown.
I've installed the KB929338 update recommended for IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL errors but no change to error.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Scooper
Okfuz in post 18 provides a fix that worked and may be this will help you as well.
If there is a conflict, then try uninstalling Norton and replacing it with AVG and see if this works.
Once you have experimented a bit you can reinstall Norton, but only use and have running one AV at a time (otherwise they might conflict)
For personal use, but not business, AVG is free and for Business use it's available at modest cost.
Let us know if any of the fixes in the above thread help
regards
paws.
Hi,
I un-installed Symantec and then installed Avast AntiVirus and everything worked fine.
Un-installed Avast and re-installed Symantec and got the same problem on shutdown.
Guess its a Symantec / Sony driver issue.
Cheers,
Scoop
Hi Scoop,
Yes, I reckon your right.
Perhaps Symantec will come up with a patch, but I wouldn't necessarily hold your breath waiting for it!
Regards
paws
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI