This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

slow

12 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I took out only about 3 programs from start up, as all the others appear to be needed for either security or simply running the computer effectively. Also, I went to see how many processes are running at any given time on my computer, and Im getting 40…which seems like quite a bit…is there any way I can trim this down as well? And lastly I have spoke with Dell and they have sent out the OS cd and said it will be here in 3-5 days, in which I will then be able to run the SFC again and let you know any further problems on that front.
Hi CleanMe,

Excellent progress, how many startup items are in your folder now? All you really need are your Firewall and Antivirus. Remember they are only shortcuts you are removing/disabling, you can always go back and enable the ones you disable (untick) later on if you find something is not starting to your liking.

Read my last and first post, for limiting processes running I gave you a link to do this. This is a slow process so be patient.

Very good news re your OS, and I will look forward to a post after you run SFC.

Keep me posted,

kind regards,
I should have given you this link to QuickAccess which will shorten your time finding what processes are running on your system. It is a small program that attaches itself to your Task-manager, after installation, just click Ctrl > Alt > Delete >process tab and you will find it there on the left, click on the blue circle and you will be told what the process is, therefore able to make a judgment more quickly.

best regards,
these are the files running on start up syntpenh wltray tfswctrl isuspm quickset (which I have left checked because it makes volume control and monitor brightness control easier) cfp avgtray teatimer processquicklink2 erunt autobackup Also, to end a process with the task manager, it only ends it temporarily, and will need to be ended every so often, yes? or is there a way to permanently end the processes/keep from automatically executing?
Hi CleanMe,

In my last post I gave you a very easy link (Quick Access) for finding out what all your processes are. Please use it for information regarding your processes in Task Manager.

Earlier today I gave you the link for reducing your startup programs, so again please go to it and familiarize yourself with it and research each startup program.

Here is another Startup assistant link that may also help you. Another here, but you need to research them yourself in your own time.

Anything you cannot understand from the links given, please google them as Google is certainly your best friend.

The links given will help you to understand stopping startup and running processes permanently, but there is no one answer to your question.

kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI