This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

VIRUS ALERT! infected XP pc

19 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok , I trust you completely on these matters! :thumbup: Ok, let me see If I am a good student :blush: Should I paste this into moveit? I want to get rid of this folder kill explorer] L:\ST purity EmptyTemp [start explorer] oops the brace! [kill explorer]
All you would have to put into it is this L:\ST The other things are for malware removal and not needed if you are just deleting some legitimate folders
Ok, got it! One last thing ( for now ) You think I should install this recovery console you told me earlier? I want to thank you again, for your help. I wouldn't have done it without your guidance. You have saved my life and my work :notworthy: If I have questions in the future about my safety, can I post here, or can I send you a personal message? That would mean a lot, to continue feeling safe :P 1000 THANX!!!! God Bless! :)
I would keep the recovery console, it is really essential. If you ever have a PC problem in the future, having that will be the difference between fixing your PC and being forced to buy a new one. It is also pretty complicated and potentially dangerous to remove, so don't do it yourself I would post on the forums if you have questions in the future, a lot easier and better that way.
So I will install it the way you told me , and leave it there just in case For what reason I would have to uninstall it, anyway? Second, I will use moveit to delete this folder, and then I will do the step uninstalling combo fix and do the clean up in move it? Ok, I will post a new topic, thanx ;)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI