martshap
Topic Starter
Hello and thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
I am having some serious problems on the second computer I have in my house (the two computers are in a wireless network). Maybe you can help with that one later, but first I want to make sure I keep the primary computer up & running! I am suspecting that some form of virus/malware has infected both computers (possible by traveling over the network?)..
Tonight I checked in the AVG Virus Vault (for the primary computer) and I found 3 “infections”:
Trojan horse Downloader.Generic7.XAJ
C:\Documents and Settings\(my name)\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\TCF7R97L\XPAinstall_880542[1].exe
7/12/08
Trojan horse Dropper.Agent.JOC
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\69a8e.msi
8/22/08
Trojan horse Dropper.Agent.JOC
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\f472.msi
8/22/08
I did run ATF cleaner and also Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware & Hijack this. The logs are posted below. Thanks!
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.25
Database version: 1090
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
11:25:54 PM 8/27/2008
mbam-log-08-27-2008 (23-25-54).txt
Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 53557
Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 37 second(s)
Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0
Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Keys Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Values Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Folders Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Files Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:33:48 PM, on 8/27/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16705)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\brsvc01a.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\brss01a.exe
C:\Program Files\ABBYY FineReader 9.0\NetworkLicenseServer.exe
C:\Program Files\Sprint\Mobile Broadband\SMBAUtilSvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTBCM\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
C:\Program Files\Coast to Coast AM Media Center\Coast to Coast AM Media Center.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\LaserJet All-in-one\hppdirector.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hppapml0.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.drudgereport.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLASHX_W.DLL
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.0.1225.9868\swg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP SchedIndexer] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\LaserJet All-in-one\hppschedindexer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP AutoIndexer] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\LaserJet All-in-one\hppautoindexer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StorageGuard] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLA] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Coast to Coast AM] C:\Program Files\Coast to Coast AM Media Center\Coast to Coast AM Media Center.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP LaserJet Director.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\LaserJet All-in-one\hppdirector.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.fastaccess.drivers.bellsouth.net
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.download.com
O16 - DPF: {156BF4B7-AE3A-4365-BD88-95A75AF8F09D} (HPSDDX Class) - http://www.hp.com/cpso-support-new/SDD/hpsddObjSigned.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {4C39376E-FA9D-4349-BACC-D305C1750EF3} (EPUImageControl Class) - http://tools.ebayimg.com/eps/wl/activex/eB…l_v1-0-3-48.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1125373570540
O16 - DPF: {6F750202-1362-4815-A476-88533DE61D0C} (Kodak Gallery Easy Upload Manager Class) - http://www.kodakgallery.com/downloads/BUM/…_2/axofupld.cab
O16 - DPF: {6F750203-1362-4815-A476-88533DE61D0C} (Kodak Gallery Easy Upload Manager Class) - http://www.kodakgallery.com/downloads/BUM/…_2/axofupld.cab
O16 - DPF: {7A7BA269-2D21-4B33-B60A-8510A1865D5F} (IWS Photo Upload Tool) - http://public1.uploader.officelive.com/_la…eX/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {7E9522CF-6B95-46D6-8E2F-7638F507313F} (BLS_SpeedOP.systemcheck) - http://www.fastaccess.drivers.bellsouth.ne…bls_speedop.cab
O16 - DPF: {A93D84FD-641F-43AE-B963-E6FA84BE7FE7} (LinkSys Content Update) - http://www.linksysfix.com/netcheck/67/install/gtdownls.cab
O16 - DPF: {DBA230D1-8467-4e69-987E-5FAE815A3B45} -
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll
O23 - Service: ABBYY FineReader 9.0 Licensing Service (ABBYY.Licensing.FineReader.Professional.9.0) - ABBYY (BIT Software) - C:\Program Files\ABBYY FineReader 9.0\NetworkLicenseServer.exe
O23 - Service: Access Utility Service - SprintNextel - C:\Program Files\Sprint\Mobile Broadband\SMBAUtilSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AVG8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: BrSplService (Brother XP spl Service) - brother Industries Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\brsvc01a.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Imapi Helper - Alex Feinman - C:\Program Files\Alex Feinman\ISO Recorder\ImapiHelper.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Roxio UPnP Renderer 9 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Digital Home 9\RoxioUPnPRenderer9.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Roxio Upnp Server 9 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Digital Home 9\RoxioUpnpService9.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: LiveShare P2P Server 9 (RoxLiveShare9) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxLiveShare9.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 9 (RoxWatch9) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - CACE Technologies - C:\Program Files\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe
O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
–
End of file - 9246 bytes
I was just looking over my post and these entries in the HJT log look suspicious to me:
O23 - Service: Roxio UPnP Renderer 9 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Digital Home 9\RoxioUPnPRenderer9.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Roxio Upnp Server 9 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Digital Home 9\RoxioUpnpService9.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: LiveShare P2P Server 9 (RoxLiveShare9) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxLiveShare9.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 9 (RoxWatch9) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe (file missing)
Also, when I was installing Malwarebytes (which I got from Download.com) Something that was calling itself Roxio Media Manager (I think that was what it said) tried to install itself at the same time! Since I hadn't authorized it or intended it, I hit cancel at it was trying to install. Very suspicious, I think, particularly because I see something about P2P in those HJT entries and as far as I know I don't have any P2P software installed.
Thanks.
I am having some serious problems on the second computer I have in my house (the two computers are in a wireless network). Maybe you can help with that one later, but first I want to make sure I keep the primary computer up & running! I am suspecting that some form of virus/malware has infected both computers (possible by traveling over the network?)..
Tonight I checked in the AVG Virus Vault (for the primary computer) and I found 3 “infections”:
Trojan horse Downloader.Generic7.XAJ
C:\Documents and Settings\(my name)\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\TCF7R97L\XPAinstall_880542[1].exe
7/12/08
Trojan horse Dropper.Agent.JOC
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\69a8e.msi
8/22/08
Trojan horse Dropper.Agent.JOC
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\f472.msi
8/22/08
I did run ATF cleaner and also Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware & Hijack this. The logs are posted below. Thanks!
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.25
Database version: 1090
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
11:25:54 PM 8/27/2008
mbam-log-08-27-2008 (23-25-54).txt
Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 53557
Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 37 second(s)
Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0
Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Keys Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Values Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Folders Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Files Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:33:48 PM, on 8/27/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16705)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\brsvc01a.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\brss01a.exe
C:\Program Files\ABBYY FineReader 9.0\NetworkLicenseServer.exe
C:\Program Files\Sprint\Mobile Broadband\SMBAUtilSvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTBCM\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
C:\Program Files\Coast to Coast AM Media Center\Coast to Coast AM Media Center.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\LaserJet All-in-one\hppdirector.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hppapml0.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.drudgereport.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLASHX_W.DLL
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.0.1225.9868\swg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP SchedIndexer] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\LaserJet All-in-one\hppschedindexer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP AutoIndexer] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\LaserJet All-in-one\hppautoindexer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StorageGuard] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLA] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Coast to Coast AM] C:\Program Files\Coast to Coast AM Media Center\Coast to Coast AM Media Center.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP LaserJet Director.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\LaserJet All-in-one\hppdirector.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.fastaccess.drivers.bellsouth.net
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.download.com
O16 - DPF: {156BF4B7-AE3A-4365-BD88-95A75AF8F09D} (HPSDDX Class) - http://www.hp.com/cpso-support-new/SDD/hpsddObjSigned.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {4C39376E-FA9D-4349-BACC-D305C1750EF3} (EPUImageControl Class) - http://tools.ebayimg.com/eps/wl/activex/eB…l_v1-0-3-48.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1125373570540
O16 - DPF: {6F750202-1362-4815-A476-88533DE61D0C} (Kodak Gallery Easy Upload Manager Class) - http://www.kodakgallery.com/downloads/BUM/…_2/axofupld.cab
O16 - DPF: {6F750203-1362-4815-A476-88533DE61D0C} (Kodak Gallery Easy Upload Manager Class) - http://www.kodakgallery.com/downloads/BUM/…_2/axofupld.cab
O16 - DPF: {7A7BA269-2D21-4B33-B60A-8510A1865D5F} (IWS Photo Upload Tool) - http://public1.uploader.officelive.com/_la…eX/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {7E9522CF-6B95-46D6-8E2F-7638F507313F} (BLS_SpeedOP.systemcheck) - http://www.fastaccess.drivers.bellsouth.ne…bls_speedop.cab
O16 - DPF: {A93D84FD-641F-43AE-B963-E6FA84BE7FE7} (LinkSys Content Update) - http://www.linksysfix.com/netcheck/67/install/gtdownls.cab
O16 - DPF: {DBA230D1-8467-4e69-987E-5FAE815A3B45} -
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll
O23 - Service: ABBYY FineReader 9.0 Licensing Service (ABBYY.Licensing.FineReader.Professional.9.0) - ABBYY (BIT Software) - C:\Program Files\ABBYY FineReader 9.0\NetworkLicenseServer.exe
O23 - Service: Access Utility Service - SprintNextel - C:\Program Files\Sprint\Mobile Broadband\SMBAUtilSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AVG8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: BrSplService (Brother XP spl Service) - brother Industries Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\brsvc01a.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Imapi Helper - Alex Feinman - C:\Program Files\Alex Feinman\ISO Recorder\ImapiHelper.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Roxio UPnP Renderer 9 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Digital Home 9\RoxioUPnPRenderer9.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Roxio Upnp Server 9 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Digital Home 9\RoxioUpnpService9.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: LiveShare P2P Server 9 (RoxLiveShare9) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxLiveShare9.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 9 (RoxWatch9) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - CACE Technologies - C:\Program Files\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe
O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
–
End of file - 9246 bytes
I was just looking over my post and these entries in the HJT log look suspicious to me:
O23 - Service: Roxio UPnP Renderer 9 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Digital Home 9\RoxioUPnPRenderer9.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Roxio Upnp Server 9 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Digital Home 9\RoxioUpnpService9.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: LiveShare P2P Server 9 (RoxLiveShare9) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxLiveShare9.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 9 (RoxWatch9) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe (file missing)
Also, when I was installing Malwarebytes (which I got from Download.com) Something that was calling itself Roxio Media Manager (I think that was what it said) tried to install itself at the same time! Since I hadn't authorized it or intended it, I hit cancel at it was trying to install. Very suspicious, I think, particularly because I see something about P2P in those HJT entries and as far as I know I don't have any P2P software installed.
Thanks.