This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Mouse turns to Black box

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My mouse turns to a black box each time I view an image and it makes my monitor screen shaky. It's worst when I watch a movie of a certain format. Any tips onto how I can resolve this? If I ignore this, my whole computer just freezes and I'll have to reboot.
Hi, Sorry to hear of the problems with your machine. Is this the same computer for which you have submitted an HJT log over in the malware removal forum? Regards paws
Yes, it is. Just to add, this problem doesn't relate to the case I have posted in the HJT forum. Instead the problem with the mouse has persisted for quite a long time now and still exists even after I've formatted my pc.
Hi, Ok Understood. It would not be wise to make any system changes whilst your malware fighter is assisting you, but post back here in this sub forum once your machine has been declared clean, if you are still having issues with it, and we will do our best to help. Regards paws
Hello again. I'm clean already but the problem with the mouse is still present. Any suggestions as to why this is happening and the solution?
Perhaps it's a corrupt mouse icon file? What settings do you have your mouse on in terms of image? You use the normal icons for your mouse correct, not like different colored cursors or anything? Also do you have XP or Vista?
I use the default setting for the mouse. No extras or anything and the mouse still works well with other computers. I'm using Windows XP only.
Thank you tallin. After changing the hardware acceleration, my mouse cursor returned to normal. Thank you very much for your time and help. You may close this topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI