This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Infected with Antivirus XP 2008--Deleted most of it (I THINK) but I ha

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

First off—- I hope I'm posting in the right place!! Ok, so my PC got infected with this Antivirus XP 2008, which from the many searches I've been doing, I see that it seems to be very popular right now. Anyway, went through and deleted all the "lphc" and "rhc" files to to get rid of it. My computer is running normal without the annoying popups now, but when I log in, I just get the blue screen and i have to Ctrl+Alt+Del and run a new task to open anything. I have no icons, or anything on my desktop. Just my mouse. I cant right click or anything. I've read about people with the same problem that were told to type explorer.exe in the run window, but it tells me it cant find that file. Your help would be great. Thanks!
[external image: Posted Image]

Sorry about the delay in responding :(

If you still need help, Scan again with HijackThis, and "copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.
Unfortunately, I just ended up reformatting… Thanks for the willingness to help though! Lets hope I don't get infected again. I have no idea where it came from! Does anyone know where it's coming from?

Unfortunately, I just ended up reformatting…

Thanks for the willingness to help though! Lets hope I don't get infected again. I have no idea where it came from! Does anyone know where it's coming from?

No one place. Usually from downloads.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI