This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Pop-ups During Startup and Continuous Running Hard Drive

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:unsure: :pullhair: When I start my computer two folders popup. They are Common which is in my Program Files folder and Search which has the file YSearchSuggest.dll and is located in Yahoo! which is located in Program Files.

I also have a concern with my hard drive. At times it will start to run as if a program or something is running. This happens when nothing is being executed, it draws all of my memory and brings my system to a halt until what ever is running completes.

When my hard drive is running like that I've noticed that the System Idle Process is 90% and higher.

I've addressed this issue in the HijackThis™ Logs and Infections Removal forum and I've attached the link.

http://forums.whatthetech.com/Pop_ups_Duri…Dri_t93998.html

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Respectfully,

Numb3rsMan :unsure: :pullhair:
The first thing I would do is uninstall anything from Yahoo - including any Toolbars or other browser helper objects (BHOs).

You should be able to see in Task Manager what is eating up your resources. Or the below are all enhanced Task Manager type programs that will show you what is running on your computer. Each is nice in its own way. What's Running is probably the easiest, with AutoRuns for the more experienced, and Process Explorer the most popular. With these, for example, you can see what processes are using each of those various svchost.exe images.

AutoRuns for Windows
Process Explorer
What's Running

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI