This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Outlook 2007 Distribution List problem

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Outlook 2007, Exchange 2003, SP1, XP. Uncached. I have one user (out of 400+) who is having a problem creating a DL. She can create the DL in Contacts, using addresses from the Global Address Book (which is standard procedure). When she then creates a New Email, inserting the DL name (via Contacts) into the TO: line, the DL name appears, underlined, with the expansion + sign. As is usual. However, when she clicks on the + sign to expand the DL, everything disappears! When we go backinto the Select Names Contact and click on the DL to insert into the TO: line, all we get is a row of semi-colons. If she does not expand the DL once it's in the TO: field, the email gets sent out beautifully - all names appear on the receiving end as well as showing up in her Sent folder. This is occurring with all of her "home-made" DL lists. I have tried to re-create the problem to no avail. I've watched her create DL lists and she is doing it correctly. I have checked or tried the following, to no avail: She is not cached. She is working online. Opened DL, clicked on Update Now, Save and Close. Saved the DL before sending email. Deleted the DL. Re-created the DL under a different name. The user's Contacts is set up in her Address Books under Account Settings. Tools > Options> Contact Options > Show Contact Linking on All Forms is checked. Tools > Options > Email Options > Advanced Email Options > Automatic Name Checking is checked. I don't know where else to look. I should also mention that this has just started happening with her pc this week, which makes me think there's a setting I'm missing somewhere? NetAdmin has done no updates… Thank you for your time and hopefully help!
Hi and welcome to the WTT forums,
The forums are generally available to provide help for "home users" and are not intended to provide the type of support that is usually provided by an organisation's IT Dept.
On the face of it maybe this topic and the one that you raised here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Excel_2007_e…457#entry470457
are more of a business nature?

We do not wish to be unhelpful but could you please have a look here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/boardrules.html
and check out the bulleted points in the "Terms of Use" particularly the second one down.

If I have misunderstood the position do please post back……. and I will not close this topic …as one of our members with experience in this area may feel that she/he might wish to respond.
Regards
paws
Oh, I'm sorry. I misunderstood that this was supposed to be for home users only. I won't post business technology questions anymore.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI