Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Outlook 2007 Distribution List problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 khbalaska

khbalaska

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:48 PM

Outlook 2007, Exchange 2003, SP1, XP. Uncached. I have one user (out of 400+) who is having a problem creating a DL. She can create the DL in Contacts, using addresses from the Global Address Book (which is standard procedure). When she then creates a New Email, inserting the DL name (via Contacts) into the TO: line, the DL name appears, underlined, with the expansion + sign. As is usual. However, when she clicks on the + sign to expand the DL, everything disappears! When we go backinto the Select Names Contact and click on the DL to insert into the TO: line, all we get is a row of semi-colons. If she does not expand the DL once it's in the TO: field, the email gets sent out beautifully - all names appear on the receiving end as well as showing up in her Sent folder. This is occurring with all of her "home-made" DL lists. I have tried to re-create the problem to no avail. I've watched her create DL lists and she is doing it correctly. I have checked or tried the following, to no avail: She is not cached. She is working online. Opened DL, clicked on Update Now, Save and Close. Saved the DL before sending email. Deleted the DL. Re-created the DL under a different name. The user's Contacts is set up in her Address Books under Account Settings. Tools > Options> Contact Options > Show Contact Linking on All Forms is checked. Tools > Options > Email Options > Advanced Email Options > Automatic Name Checking is checked. I don't know where else to look. I should also mention that this has just started happening with her pc this week, which makes me think there's a setting I'm missing somewhere? NetAdmin has done no updates... Thank you for your time and hopefully help!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:17 AM

Hi and welcome to the WTT forums,
The forums are generally available to provide help for "home users" and are not intended to provide the type of support that is usually provided by an organisation's IT Dept.
On the face of it maybe this topic and the one that you raised here:
http://forums.whatth...457#entry470457
are more of a business nature?

We do not wish to be unhelpful but could you please have a look here:
http://forums.whatth...boardrules.html
and check out the bulleted points in the "Terms of Use" particularly the second one down.

If I have misunderstood the position do please post back....... and I will not close this topic ...as one of our members with experience in this area may feel that she/he might wish to respond.
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 khbalaska

khbalaska

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:58 AM

Oh, I'm sorry. I misunderstood that this was supposed to be for home users only. I won't post business technology questions anymore.