This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Default IP Address

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've already changed the default password, but is that a yes or no to the question? But while I got you here, got another question maybe you could help me with. Checking over the router log and I'll see something like this. Just wondering what this is? 08/05/2008 11:07:48 DHCP Client: [WAN]Receive Ack from [removed],Lease time=345600 08/05/2008 11:07:48 DHCP Client: [WAN]Send Request, Request IP=[removed] 08/05/2008 10:38:40 DHCP Client: [WAN]Receive Ack from [removed],Lease time=3600 08/05/2008 10:38:40 DHCP Client: [WAN]Send Request, Request IP=[removed] 08/05/2008 10:38:40 DHCP Client: [WAN]Receive Offer from [removed] 08/05/2008 10:38:40 DHCP Client: [WAN]Send Discover 08/05/2008 10:38:38 DHCP Client: [WAN]Send Release

I've already changed the default password, but is that a yes or no to the question? But while I got you here, got another question maybe you could help me with. Checking over the router log and I'll see something like this. Just wondering what this is?

08/05/2008 11:07:48 DHCP Client: [WAN]Receive Ack from [removed],Lease time=345600
08/05/2008 11:07:48 DHCP Client: [WAN]Send Request, Request IP=[removed]
08/05/2008 10:38:40 DHCP Client: [WAN]Receive Ack from [removed],Lease time=3600
08/05/2008 10:38:40 DHCP Client: [WAN]Send Request, Request IP=[removed]
08/05/2008 10:38:40 DHCP Client: [WAN]Receive Offer from [removed]
08/05/2008 10:38:40 DHCP Client: [WAN]Send Discover
08/05/2008 10:38:38 DHCP Client: [WAN]Send Release


No you do not need to change the default IP address.

as for the log….. Is your firewall on ? check what the IP address of you are using now, (whatismyip.com if you don't know how to find in your router.)

I'm hoping it's your Public IP address, and the log is your router obtaining a DHCP from your ISPs DHCP server.

Tallon41

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI