This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Memory Error

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am getting a memory error I do not think this has anything to do with a virus (But that does not mean its not) every now and then I get this error (The instruction at "0x7feed864" feferenced memory at "0x7feed864". the memory could not be "read".) at I different address and it closes a different program. One time it will close a online chatting program I use for work the next time it will close MSN, or MS VM or it will close Explorer.exe. I have windows XP with all the updates and I have run scans for virus and found nothing. :pullhair: I have reinstall windows and it is still happening. (Windows was reinstalled from a ghost)
It is too bad you reinstalled Windows as that is always a last resort - and as seen here, often does not fix the problem.

I would make sure the system is clean of heat trapping dust and dirt and that all fans are spinning properly and my temperatures are good. Then I would clean the system of clutter using Disk Cleanup or another disk cleaning utility, scan the system for malware again to be sure. I recommend Malwarebytes's Anti-Malware (MBAM) for supplemental scanning.

You can test your RAM using one of the following programs. Both require you to create and boot to a bootable floppy disk or CD to run the diagnostics. Using the floppy method is generally easier and yet another reason I still include floppy drives in my new PC builds. However, the CD method is just as effective at detecting RAM problems. Allow the diagnostics to run for several passes or even overnight. You should have no reported errors.

Windows Memory Diagnostic - see the easy to follow instructions under Quick Start Information.
or
MemTest86+ (for more advanced users) - an excellent how-to guide is available here.

It is too bad you reinstalled Windows as that is always a last resort - and as seen here, often does not fix the problem.

I would make sure the system is clean of heat trapping dust and dirt and that all fans are spinning properly and my temperatures are good. Then I would clean the system of clutter using Disk Cleanup or another disk cleaning utility, scan the system for malware again to be sure. I recommend Malwarebytes's Anti-Malware (MBAM) for supplemental scanning.

You can test your RAM using one of the following programs. Both require you to create and boot to a bootable floppy disk or CD to run the diagnostics. Using the floppy method is generally easier and yet another reason I still include floppy drives in my new PC builds. However, the CD method is just as effective at detecting RAM problems. Allow the diagnostics to run for several passes or even overnight. You should have no reported errors.

Windows Memory Diagnostic - see the easy to follow instructions under Quick Start Information.
or
MemTest86+ (for more advanced users) - an excellent how-to guide is available here.



Thanks i am trying this now.
Just a update I scanned with MBAM and it did not found anything important, I rebooted in safe mode and rescaned and then did a disk cleanup now I am going to do the memory scan. Ps I needed to reinstall windows anyway it was a Chinese System and I needed to install a English system hehe Hope the memory scan finds something.
HI sorry I have not posted before this but I got ready busy at work, I ended up replacing the ram, how I just get a program error in MSN every now and then and MSN closes down

It is too bad you reinstalled Windows as that is always a last resort - and as seen here, often does not fix the problem.

I would make sure the system is clean of heat trapping dust and dirt and that all fans are spinning properly and my temperatures are good. Then I would clean the system of clutter using Disk Cleanup or another disk cleaning utility, scan the system for malware again to be sure. I recommend Malwarebytes's Anti-Malware (MBAM) for supplemental scanning.

You can test your RAM using one of the following programs. Both require you to create and boot to a bootable floppy disk or CD to run the diagnostics. Using the floppy method is generally easier and yet another reason I still include floppy drives in my new PC builds. However, the CD method is just as effective at detecting RAM problems. Allow the diagnostics to run for several passes or even overnight. You should have no reported errors.

Windows Memory Diagnostic - see the easy to follow instructions under Quick Start Information.
or
MemTest86+ (for more advanced users) - an excellent how-to guide is available here.


Thanks for your help The problems has stopped now.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI