Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

KIWEE TOOLBAR

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WISHBONEIBO

WISHBONEIBO

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:34 PM

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHY I AM HAVING AN ISSUE USING KIWEE TOOLBAR I AM ON VISTA AND AM ALSO RUNNING GOOGLE TOOLBAR COULD THIS BE THE PROBLEM ANY HELP APPRECIATED AS I HAVE RUN OUT OF THINGS TO TRY!!! :pullhair:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

from the FAQ:

http://www.kiwee.com...QuestionID=1203

We haven't tested Kiwee with Windows Vista yet, so if that's what you've got, you're on your own for now (read: if your computer explodes Kiwee is NOT RESPONSIBLE)...

then you should read this and rethink using it at all:
http://www1.kiwee.com/privacypolicy.pd
How Can I Reduce My Risk?

#3 WISHBONEIBO

WISHBONEIBO

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:29 PM

thanks for your swift reply on the subject of kiwee toolbar, have taken your advice on both counts and have promptly uninstalled it!!!! are there any sites that have emotions winks etc you would recommend ? cheers rachel

#4 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:14 PM

have emotions winks etc you would recommend

sorry dont use them have no idea of any sites to recommend. some general advice; read the FAQ, the privacy policy and the EULA agreement before you install any software, dont install anything from a pop up, banner ad or that is "requested" by a website or a flashy, blinky obnoxious etc. ad.
A lot of software can come with additional software buried in the EULA. you might be installing more than you think. know what you are installing to your computer.
i have some general tips here.
How Can I Reduce My Risk?