This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Google Toolbar keeps vanishing

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Title says it all, really. There seems no particular pattern but recently the toolbar just seems to go away randomly and I have to download it over again. I use windows XP SP2. Any clues? Thanks Nelclaret
Hi nelclaret,

I like Google toobar, but version 5.0 was just an annoyance to me, so I uninstalled it and went back to version: 4.0 having no trouble since then except to say once you install it, go to:

  • Settings on the toolbar at the far right
  • Options
  • Search Box settings
  • Enable in the dropdown menu "Open results in existing window"
  • Disable the three boxes below the drop down
I had no problem with version 4.0 after doing this.

You will also need to disable Google Notifier if you have it or you will get the automatic upgrade to version 5.0 without being notified. :smack:

kind regards, :wavey:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI