Tired and Frustrated
Topic Starter
I am a new user to Microsoft Outlook 2007. It has been installed for three days during which time I have been using each of the email, calendar, contact and to do list functions without incident.
This afternoon I was in the email part of the system when I decided to look at my calendar. I pressed the Calendar tab in the bottom left corner of the screen. Instead of replacing the emial highlighting, It highlighted IN ADDITION to the email tab . I got the system not responding message. The system tried to send an error report to Microsoft, but that also hung up after a few minutes. I used the Task manager to exit which also hung up. Eventually using task manager I could close down each program running individually each time getting system could not close down one each program before finally exiting.
I rebooted, repeated the process with exactly the same results. The Calendar element of the program just stops Outlook working at all, each time the Calendar button is pressed.
I am a new Outlook user (previously Eudora email and Lotus Organiser 6 contact) , calendar and to do list.
I am running a Dell with a Local partitioned disk TOSHIBA MK1252GSX . I have plenty of capactity using Antivir virus protection and Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack: 2.0 with Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T7250 @ 2.00GHz Version: x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13 Speed: 1994 MHz
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T7250 @ 2.00GHz Version: x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13 Speed: 1995 MHz System Model: Latitude D630
BIOS Version: Dell Inc. A12
.
I am not very computer savvy. Does anyone have any ideas how I could fix the problem. Have I left out any vital information to enable someone to help me.
Everything else seems fine at present.
Tired and Frustrated is online now Edit/Delete Message