This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

List of events

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I need to create a list of events for my web-site. Can I do this with any of the available calendar-software ? I emphasise that I do not want a calendar that shows every day of the year, regardless of whether there is an event on that date – I want my list to show only those dates on which there is an event. I also want in each record to be able to give, as well as the date, location, type of event, &c. any relevant url and email-link. ListPhile comes near to what I want, but does not permit email-links. I am sure that someone, somewhere, has already written the software for doing this, but I certainly have not found it. My own computer is a MacBook, but I have access to a PC, which I can use (reluctantly) if needs be.
Hmm.. I did not realise that I was asking such a hard question. I have now created an HTML list of events, by using Nvu. As far as it goes, it is satisfactory, but 2 features are missing: 1. I should like to be able to sort the table by date. 2. It would be a great improvement if I could incorporate a setting that would delete entries after the expiry of X days. Any thoughts on that ? P.S. I have just heard of SortTable, and shall try that.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI