Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

List of events

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 paieye

paieye

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:46 AM

I need to create a list of events for my web-site. Can I do this with any of the available calendar-software ? I emphasise that I do not want a calendar that shows every day of the year, regardless of whether there is an event on that date -- I want my list to show only those dates on which there is an event. I also want in each record to be able to give, as well as the date, location, type of event, &c. any relevant url and email-link. ListPhile comes near to what I want, but does not permit email-links. I am sure that someone, somewhere, has already written the software for doing this, but I certainly have not found it. My own computer is a MacBook, but I have access to a PC, which I can use (reluctantly) if needs be.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paieye

paieye

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:57 AM

Hmm.. I did not realise that I was asking such a hard question. I have now created an HTML list of events, by using Nvu. As far as it goes, it is satisfactory, but 2 features are missing: 1. I should like to be able to sort the table by date. 2. It would be a great improvement if I could incorporate a setting that would delete entries after the expiry of X days. Any thoughts on that ? P.S. I have just heard of SortTable, and shall try that.

Edited by paieye, 19 July 2008 - 05:04 AM.