Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Scheduling Database

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fgwa

fgwa

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:53 PM

Having a hard time finding a decent scheduling application that will not only show which jobs employees are working on from a week to week basis, but also color coded to show types of jobs, ie. warranty, paid, in house work... I would like a calendar based application that will allow me to move events by clicking and dragging if a start/end date is delayed. These are the applications that I have tried and what issues I have run across: Excel: Made a "calendar" but unable to easily change start/end dates if projects are delayed. Access: Not able to figure out how to show information in a calendar format Project: Color coding option not available when looking at projects in the calendar format. Google: Color coding and changes come easily, but I have about 75 employees and on the Google calendar it can be confusing on where each is employee is and when. Any suggestion?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:17 PM

maybe these link will help you, :-
http://employee-sche...tenreviews.com/
http://calendar-soft...tenreviews.com/
http://www.calendarscope.com/

:popcorn:

Edited by terry1966, 03 October 2011 - 02:34 PM.

#3 jimmyhelu

jimmyhelu

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:42 AM

once you've created the table to hold the scheduling slots, you can create the data to fill it in Excel, using copy & paste/copy down/fill down/whichever method you like. Then you can copy and paste append it into the Access table. Alternatively, you can write a VBA sub to create the records using some form of looping process. I'm not what you mean by, "have the table automatically filled out". Which table? Do the records magically appear out of the aether? (I'm sure that some of my users think that, but that's a whole other rant.) If your scheduling data is coming in from a spreadsheet, then yes - you can write processes to pick that up and use it to create records in Access tables. It's how I populate a couple of databases.