This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Scheduling Database

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Having a hard time finding a decent scheduling application that will not only show which jobs employees are working on from a week to week basis, but also color coded to show types of jobs, ie. warranty, paid, in house work… I would like a calendar based application that will allow me to move events by clicking and dragging if a start/end date is delayed. These are the applications that I have tried and what issues I have run across: Excel: Made a "calendar" but unable to easily change start/end dates if projects are delayed. Access: Not able to figure out how to show information in a calendar format Project: Color coding option not available when looking at projects in the calendar format. Google: Color coding and changes come easily, but I have about 75 employees and on the Google calendar it can be confusing on where each is employee is and when. Any suggestion?
once you've created the table to hold the scheduling slots, you can create the data to fill it in Excel, using copy & paste/copy down/fill down/whichever method you like. Then you can copy and paste append it into the Access table. Alternatively, you can write a VBA sub to create the records using some form of looping process. I'm not what you mean by, "have the table automatically filled out". Which table? Do the records magically appear out of the aether? (I'm sure that some of my users think that, but that's a whole other rant.) If your scheduling data is coming in from a spreadsheet, then yes - you can write processes to pick that up and use it to create records in Access tables. It's how I populate a couple of databases.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI