This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Cannot uninstall software

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I need to uninstall a file, "Essentials for Educators" within the SMART software before I can install the updated version. My computer uninstalled the software file, but not the "Essentials" file. I have tried everything. I spent about 3 hours on the phone with the SMART software technician to no avail, so I think it's a Windows issue. I have tried downloading the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, but get the message error: Active X component can't create object: Scripting File System Object. When I tied to uninstall the program, I get the message: The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. (It was a download from the website.) When I hit the browse button to find the folder I get the message: The path 1 cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again." I even reinstalled the program and uninstalled the software, but could still not uninstall the "Essentials." I talked to a Dell online tech and all they said (without getting a whole lot of info) was to reinstall Windows. I really don't want to do that if there is another way. Can Hijack This be used to delete this software. If so, what do I delete? I have posted my log below. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!


Dimension 4600i

Windows XP Pro

1023 MB of memory

Edit: Reduced log to an attachment
Hi Kindergarten teacher,
Welcome to what the Tech,in this part of the forum we do not analyse HJT logs,but from what i see (although i'm not qualified to give advise on hjt logs) there isn't anything that could prevent you from uninstalling the Essentials for Educators file, you could try this small program :-

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

Also for your peace of mind could you please post your HJT log here :-

http://forums.whatthetech.com/HijackThis_L…emoval_f27.html

please be aware that the advisors work on several forums so it may be awhile before you recieve a reply.

Regards pacman123

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI