This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Epson Scanner Software Problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi I have an Epson Stylus DX3800 (printer/scanner/copier/etc combined). I went to scan a document earlier and error msg appeared saying: ESPON Scan cannot be started. Please use the Troubleshooting Assistant to solve the problem. I tried this but it did not work. I also tried completely removeing it and reinstalling it about 5 times. Im a bit stumped now !!! Any help would be much appreciated Thanks :thumbup:
I have the same printer doing the the same as you the way i solved it was to go into dvice manager located the printer and right click and chose unintall then rebooted worked for me let me know how you get on
Hi V_shepherd,

You indicate that you uninstalled the Epson Stylus DX3800 software and attempted to reinstall 5 times.
One thing to remember when attempting to install printers that connect via USB connector, is that the printer must be "disconnected physically" from your computer during the process of installing the software. The installation wizard will give you on-screen instructions to plug the USB connector back in at the proper time.

Hope this helps.

Doug

P.S.
mandy.k - thanks for posting your help recommendations. :thumbup:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI