Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Google Video?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Music Is My Passion

Music Is My Passion

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:18 PM

I was wondering if it was safe to watch videos on google search. I mean, if videos from a bad site have viruses or something implanted into them, would they still be able to download to your computer? Despite that you're watching them from google? Thanks for your help!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:40 PM

Hi Music Is My Passion If you're system and programs are properly patched and kept up to date, its a minimum risk. Not fool-proof, mind you, but a good step of the way! The danger here, is "only" when you have to accept some 3rd party cookie or install active X objects etc. in order to view the video. In those cases, I view it as better be safe than sorry. Say no to those requests unless you trust the provider 150% !! Abydos

Abydos

Asking for Technical Help

Preventing Malware Slow PC? Recovery Console!

"I am not young enough to know everything" - Oscar Wilde

#3 Music Is My Passion

Music Is My Passion

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:42 PM

Thank you very much! ^^