This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Can not boot on new build

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, this is my first post and my first build. The system consists of: Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2C motherboard Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Antec 650W Power supply (2) 2GB Corsair RAM Seagate 1TB SATA 7,200 Hard Drive Sony Blu-Ray BD-ROM Opitical Drive Wireless USB Keyboard and mouse combo After I get it up and running I will add: Diamond graphics card and a tv tuner card. The problem I am having is that once I assemble everything and apply power I am able to access the BIOS setup but not boot the system from an XP cd I have. Yes the copy is legal. I adjust the BIOS to a primary boot from the CDROM. The BIOS detects all the components but when I try to boot it just goes to the screen where it says it can not boot windows and gives the option to boot in safe mode etc.. Then if I don't power the system down it will count down from 25 then restart, go through POST and come to the same screen again. The only thing I could think it may be is the XP disk is bad. There are no scratches so that is unlikely. I have also read on a forum that using a USB keyboard and mouse instead of PS/2 setup can cause problems. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
First off are you using a usb keyboard and mouse. Second if so try looking through your bios for options on detecting and activating usb devices during POST.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI