This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

3 1/2 Floppy installing on it's own

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Went to play on my computer the other day and it was asking to install a driver for new hardware (3 1/2" floppy). Problem is, I do not have a 3 1/2" floppy. When I bring up windows explorer, it shows that I DO have one. I tried to uninstall it through device manager, but everytime I reboot or log out and back in it reinstalls and whats to update the driver. I finally just disabled it. Any advice on how to solve this problem would be appreciated. Thanks

I figured out my issue, this thread can be closed now.


Care to share the solution? So future readers can benefit from it.

Nice to see that you get a lot of help on this board


Sorry to hear you got no response on your problem. But if people
don't know the answer(s), there is no point in posting to the subject.
Its a free, volunteer board all way through. There is no certainty that
you will get an answer, or an answer right away. Being volunteer's,
also means that we (member's, staff, guests etc. etc.) have jobs, "real-life"
issues and possible kids. So an answer could can take anywhere from a
couple of minutes to several days, depending who is online and have some
knowledge on the topic.

Have a nice evening.

Regards Abydos
Sorry, I didn't mean to be so snobby. :blush: I have three kids of my own all under the age of 5 so I no how busy life can be. Anyway, I had a bad cmos battery which reset my bios to default and changed the setting for my floppy drive on. I know I didn't metion it in my first post but the same day this happend my date, time also went wacko.
Hi Jonallen I didn't see it as being snobby. All I saw, was a frustration shining through, which I deemed stemmed from the fact that you had to sort if out yourself, instead of getting the help you wanted. We all get frustrated now and then. No harm done and I still hope you will use WTT in the future if in need of help with a problem. Thanks for sharing the solution. That way, people searching for an answer, such as yourself, can benefit from it :thumbup: Regards Abydos Ps. I have two daughters myself, so i know that sometimes hands and time are full when dealing with those small people B)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI