This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] antivirus 2008

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My son inadvertently installed a program ( Antivirus 2008) that comes up on the computer screen all the time with some very frightening reports of the presence of virus and antispywares on my competer. I tried desperately to remove this program without success. This program seems to be a serious threat to may computer. It is already affecting my Internet Explorer and when ever I log into my yahoo account it is requesting that I get it to protect me from malicious viruses and spywares. I am in need of urgent help to remove this menace. Please assist me with this if you can.
poftruth,

Welcome, I closed a thread of yours because you never replied back. Is this the same computer??
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Antispywareshield_t91595.html

I can't help you until I see a Hijackthis log

Download Trendmicros Hijackthis to your desktop.
Double click it to install
Follow the prompts and by default it will install in C:\Program Files\Trendmicro\Hijackthis\Highjackthis.exe
  • Open HJT Scan and Save a Log File, it will open in Notepad
  • Go to Format and make sure Wordwrap is Unchecked
  • Go to Edit> Select All…..Edit > Copy and Paste the new log into this thread by using the Post Reply and not start a New Thread.
DO NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI