This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Removal of Malware Defender 2009

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I had the classic symptom's, of infection so I went to uninstall program's, and unistalled it, so I thought. Next I went to the task bar to remove the icon from the task bar. But it would not let me. My old Adawre was out of date, a local tech. shop had me download Malware Byte's and SpyBot 1.6 and AVG free. but I could not download the AVG next I took it to the tech. shop. They ran scan's using AVG, Malware Bytes, and Spy Bot 1.6. But when I got it home the icon was still there, I had it hidden when inactive, so maybe they missed it. So still get the fake alert when I go to start my Internet service. I just want it completely gone.
Hi cmptr.estudiante,

Sorry about the delay the forums have been busy.

If you still need help with this

Click here to download HJTInstall.exe
Please follow the prompts to ensure it is installed in the proper folder and
a shortcut is created.
  • Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Thanks

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI