suzannaski
Topic Starter
Hi
I have a Dell E1505 Centrino (expired warranty) with win xp media edition, sp2.
MS website tells me that two drivers are probably trying to complete the same packet.
How do I track down the problem drivers? I've found eventvwr, and can sorta read the logs, but I am unsure what to do with the info or where to look.
Are the event ID always in order? event ID 1002 was months ago.
Computer works fine otherwise, but the crash happens at least once every 24 hours, and the laptop usually restarts on its own. Only once has it stayed on the BSOD, at which point I took a pic to get the info. I compared the info in the pic from the log below, and it is the same except for parameter 1; that makes sense, since the packet won't always be in the same place…or will it?
There are two possible causes:
1) upgrade of adobe acrobat
2) my email address has been used as a return address by spammers. (lucky me) The spams did not originate from or go through this computer, but the undeliverable spams were returned to my web inbox, some of which were retrieved onto my laptop.
Here's the paste from the event log. The link: "See Help & Support…." was not helpful, just Kafka-esque.
Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 6/15/2008
Time: 3:19:17 PM
User: N/A
Computer: EMMA
Description:
Error code 00000044, parameter1 84de0768, parameter2 00000d63, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 34 0000004
0020: 34 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 4 Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 38 34 eters 84
0030: 64 65 30 37 36 38 2c 20 de0768,
0038: 30 30 30 30 30 64 36 33 00000d63
0040: 2c 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 , 000000
0048: 30 30 2c 20 30 30 30 30 00, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 30 0000
Any help is appreciated.
Incidently, I broke the tip of my ring finger, and my cat ate the Q key cover; please excuse any typos.
No, the two incidents nor the crashes are not related.
Suzanna
I have a Dell E1505 Centrino (expired warranty) with win xp media edition, sp2.
MS website tells me that two drivers are probably trying to complete the same packet.
How do I track down the problem drivers? I've found eventvwr, and can sorta read the logs, but I am unsure what to do with the info or where to look.
Are the event ID always in order? event ID 1002 was months ago.
Computer works fine otherwise, but the crash happens at least once every 24 hours, and the laptop usually restarts on its own. Only once has it stayed on the BSOD, at which point I took a pic to get the info. I compared the info in the pic from the log below, and it is the same except for parameter 1; that makes sense, since the packet won't always be in the same place…or will it?
There are two possible causes:
1) upgrade of adobe acrobat
2) my email address has been used as a return address by spammers. (lucky me) The spams did not originate from or go through this computer, but the undeliverable spams were returned to my web inbox, some of which were retrieved onto my laptop.
Here's the paste from the event log. The link: "See Help & Support…." was not helpful, just Kafka-esque.
Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 6/15/2008
Time: 3:19:17 PM
User: N/A
Computer: EMMA
Description:
Error code 00000044, parameter1 84de0768, parameter2 00000d63, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 34 0000004
0020: 34 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 4 Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 38 34 eters 84
0030: 64 65 30 37 36 38 2c 20 de0768,
0038: 30 30 30 30 30 64 36 33 00000d63
0040: 2c 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 , 000000
0048: 30 30 2c 20 30 30 30 30 00, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 30 0000
Any help is appreciated.
Incidently, I broke the tip of my ring finger, and my cat ate the Q key cover; please excuse any typos.
No, the two incidents nor the crashes are not related.
Suzanna