Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

[Closed] Trojan horse vundo.j

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Heather R.

Heather R.

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:03 AM

My computer became infected last week. I have a few things going on here. I don't know if it was related but I have comcast as my ISP and I didn't notice the problem until the site was hacked. They say it is completely unrelated and I have no clue. There are 3 icons on my desktop and I have no idea where they came from. Each of them give the url viruswebprotect2008 when I hover over it. Since then, in my toolbar my time has changed to military time and says VIRUS ALERT! Several items are missing from my start menu ie; program lists, documents, control panel, run, etc. I had McAfee which came with my Comcast service but it didn't detect any problems when I ran it. I have webroot spy sweeper for spyware, it didn't find anything. I dumped McAfee and downloaded AVG. I was told it would find things that McAfee wouldn't. It did... 173 listings for trojan horse Vundo.J C:\WINDOWS\system32\yayaXQgE.dll. At least a couple hundred other infection types came up, one was Virus found JS/Downloader.Agent and the path to file is C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I5GVUF2B\return[1].htm. Other infection types say PUP and the virus name shows Adaware Generic_c.OLS. I cannot log into my computer because it says my password is incorrect so I have to use the default user to even get my computer up. My task manager is disabled, completely dithered out. I can't do a system restore, the option for programs is gone. I can get to add/remove programs but that is about it. I don't see anything there that looks unusual... Help!

Edited by ken545, 11 June 2008 - 05:20 AM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 ken545

ken545

Forum God

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 23,225 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Malware and cooking some great Italian and TexMex food
  • MVP

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:24 AM

Hello Heather R.

Welcome to the Whatthetech Malware Removal Forum Heather , please do not post any bad URLs into the forums, we don't need to infect anyone else.

Download Trendmicros Hijackthis to your desktop.
Double click it to install
Follow the prompts and by default it will install in C:\Program Files\Trendmicro\Hijackthis\Highjackthis.exe

• Open HJT Scan and Save a Log File, it will open in Notepad
  • Go to Format and make sure Wordwrap is Unchecked
  • Go to Edit> Select All.....Edit > Copy and Paste the new log into this thread by using the Post Reply and not start a New Thread.
DO NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

The forum is staffed by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.
If you feel you have been helped, please consider a donation.
donate.gif

Find us on Facebook
Please LIKE and SHARE

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

#3 Heather R.

Heather R.

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:52 AM

Sorry!! Definatley don't want to affect anyone else. Just trying to give the most specific information. I'll do this when I get home and post the log. Thanks!

#4 ken545

ken545

Forum God

• 23,225 posts
  • MVP

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:17 PM

Hello Heather, Do you still need help ?? If not I will close this thread. Ken :)

donate.gif

Find us on Facebook
Please LIKE and SHARE

#5 Heather R.

Heather R.

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:12 PM

No, definately still need help. Sorry for the delay... This is what I got..

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 22:12: VIRUS ALERT!, on 6/25/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16674)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\arservice.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxcccoms.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ARPWRMSG.EXE
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3300 Series\lxccmon.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Comcast\COMCAS~1\data\xtras\mssysmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Widgets\YahooWidgets.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SSU.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\aAvgApi.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.h...a...&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.h...a...&pf=desktop
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.comcast.net/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.h...a...&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://ie.redirect.h...a...&pf=desktop
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {00A6FAF6-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {8C708C4D-AA01-43FF-8543-D3EEEC9B7E92} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\yayaXQgE.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: AVG Security Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: hpWebHelper Class - {AAAE832A-5FFF-4661-9C8F-369692D1DCB9} - C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\plugin\WebHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: QXK Olive - {CC7A758B-8CA3-4FB5-987D-F6147DAA28C6} - C:\WINDOWS\boqnrwdmfrp.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: AVG Security Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ftutil2] "rundll32.exe" ftutil2.dll,SetWriteCacheMode
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlwaysReady Power Message APP] ARPWRMSG.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPBootOp] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe" /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LXCCCATS] rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\LXCCtime.dll,_RunDLLEntry@16
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lxccmon.exe] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3300 Series\lxccmon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FaxCenterServer] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark Fax Solutions\fm3032.exe" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [b0c1c8ca] "rundll32.exe" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\uwqmbrdu.dll",b
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe" /startintray
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PhotoShow Deluxe Media Manager] C:\PROGRA~1\Comcast\COMCAS~1\data\xtras\mssysmgr.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [DelayShred] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\mshr\ShrCL.EXE" /P7 /q C:\DOCUME~1\COMPAQ~1\LOCALS~1\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\G5DAI17W\FFFFFF~2.SH! C:\DOCUME~1\COMPAQ~1\LOCALS~1\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\G5DAI17W\MSGLIS~1.SH! C:\DOCUME~1\COMPAQ~1\LOCALS~1\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\HTENPGVJ\Q1_DYN~2.SH! C:\DOCUME~1\COMPAQ~1\LOCALS~1\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\UHX7Y230\FLORID~1.SH! C:\DOCUME~1\COMPAQ~1\LOCALS~1\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\UHX7Y230\FFFFFF~1.SH! C:\DOCUME~1\COMPAQ~1\LOCALS~1\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\UHX7Y230\__ORD_~1.SH! C:\DOCUME~1\COMPAQ~1\LOCALS~1\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\UHX7Y230\PROMO-~1.SH! C:\DOCUME~1\COMPAQ~1\LOCALS~1\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\UHX7Y230\Q1_DYN~1.SH!
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [FlashPlayerUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9e.exe
O4 - S-1-5-18 Startup: Pin.lnk = C:\hp\bin\CLOAKER.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - S-1-5-18 Startup: PinMcLnk.lnk = C:\hp\bin\cloaker.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - .DEFAULT Startup: Pin.lnk = C:\hp\bin\CLOAKER.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - .DEFAULT Startup: PinMcLnk.lnk = C:\hp\bin\cloaker.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: Pin.lnk = C:\hp\bin\CLOAKER.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: PinMcLnk.lnk = C:\hp\bin\cloaker.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: Yahoo! Widgets.lnk = C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Widgets\YahooWidgets.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://edits.mywebse...?p=ZJxdm028MHUS
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Internet Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Internet Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nwprovau.dll
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.syma...bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} (Snapfish Activia) - http://www2.snapfish...fishActivia.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.syma...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.m...ash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {EF148DBB-5B6D-4130-B2A1-661571E86260} -
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll
O21 - SSODL: vregfwlx - {B1DB6227-83CF-4809-80F2-B1ABA877E73B} - C:\WINDOWS\vregfwlx.dll (file missing)
O21 - SSODL: vltdfabw - {ED1E391D-2D12-4F23-A30C-DC330FA5CC44} - C:\WINDOWS\vltdfabw.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AVG8 E-mail Scanner (avg8emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: lxcc_device - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxcccoms.exe
O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (WebrootSpySweeperService) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe

--
End of file - 10938 bytes

That was wierd. When I pasted this, my screen went blank for about 3 seconds. Probably nothing but just thought I'd mention it.. Thank you so much for your patience and help!!

#6 ken545

ken545

Forum God

• 23,225 posts
  • MVP

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:21 AM

Good Morning Heather,

You have some nasty stuff on your system, its best to get this cleaned up as fast as we can as sometimes this garbage acts as a magnet to draw other bad programs. Besides Vundo, your infected with the SDBot worm along with some other parasites.

You may want to print this out because you need to be disconnected from the internet and also have all open windows closed except HJT.

Open HijackThis > Do a System Scan Only, close your browser and all open windows including this one, the only program or window you should have open is HijackThis, check the following entries and click on Fix Checked.

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {00A6FAF6-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {8C708C4D-AA01-43FF-8543-D3EEEC9B7E92} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\yayaXQgE.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: QXK Olive - {CC7A758B-8CA3-4FB5-987D-F6147DAA28C6} - C:\WINDOWS\boqnrwdmfrp.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [b0c1c8ca] "rundll32.exe" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\uwqmbrdu.dll",b

O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present

O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://edits.mywebse...?p=ZJxdm028MHUS

O16 - DPF: {EF148DBB-5B6D-4130-B2A1-661571E86260} -

O21 - SSODL: vregfwlx - {B1DB6227-83CF-4809-80F2-B1ABA877E73B} - C:\WINDOWS\vregfwlx.dll (file missing) G
O21 - SSODL: vltdfabw - {ED1E391D-2D12-4F23-A30C-DC330FA5CC44} - C:\WINDOWS\vltdfabw.dll (file missing)

This next tool needs to be run from Safemode for it to be effective so download it to your desktop and then boot to safemode to run the tool.

To Enter Safemode

• Go to Start> Shut off your Computer> Restart
  • As the computer starts to boot-up, Tap the F8 KEY somewhat rapidly,
    this will bring up a menu.
  • Use the Up and Down Arrow Keys to scroll up to Safemode
  • Then press the Enter Key on your Keyboard
Tutorial if you need it How to boot into Safemode

Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.

Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.
  • Choose your usual account.
  • Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
  • Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
  • It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
  • Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
  • When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
  • Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
    (Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).
  • Finally paste the contents of the Report.txt back on the forum with a new HijackThis log

donate.gif

Find us on Facebook
Please LIKE and SHARE

#7 Heather R.

Heather R.

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:20 PM

Okie dokie. I ran the above steps and here are some things...

When doing the hijack this scan the O21 - SSODL: vregfwix item was not there nor was the 021 - SSODL: vltdfabw item. Hopefully that is a good thing. When I clicked on fix, I had 3 boxes pop up that were Registry Editor that said Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator. Next I started up in safemode. When it was running the batch file it popped up a cmd.exe - corrupt file box. It said "The file or directory c:\$mft is corrupt or unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility. I didn't do anything but let the computer restart after the batch file was done. At startup the chkdsk ran. It showed:

Deleting index entry 319b57a6-e595-48b9-9fcf-466bc7eb9b23c.tmp in index $I30 of file 18804 and
Deleting index entry 319B57~1tmp in index $I30 of file 18804

When the computer came back up and the fixtool ran again, it didn't find anything and the desktop items that I didn't put there are gone along with the VIRUS ALERT in my toolbar. I have my control panel and everything back!!! :woot: Thank you so much. This is the report text...

SDFix: Version 1.201
Run by Compaq_Administrator on Thu 07/03/2008 at 20:35

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
Running From: C:\SDFix

Checking Services :

Restoring Default Security Values
Restoring Default Hosts File
Restoring Windows ProductId To Remove Fake Virus Alert
Restoring Time Format To Remove Fake Virus Alert

Rebooting

Checking Files :

Trojan Files Found:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Error Cleaner.url - Deleted
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Favorites\Error Cleaner.url - Deleted
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\Favorites\Error Cleaner.url - Deleted
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Privacy Protector.url - Deleted
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Favorites\Privacy Protector.url - Deleted
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\Desktop\Privacy Protector.url - Deleted
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\Favorites\Privacy Protector.url - Deleted
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Spyware&Malware Protection.url - Deleted
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\Desktop\Spyware&Malware Protection.url - Deleted
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\Favorites\Spyware&Malware Protection.url - Deleted

Removing Temp Files

ADS Check :

Final Check :

catchme 0.3.1361.2 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-07-03 20:50:20
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden services & system hive ...

scanning hidden registry entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden processes: 0
hidden services: 0
hidden files: 0

Remaining Services :

Authorized Application Key Export:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\Compaq Connections\\5577497\\Program\\Compaq Connections.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Compaq Connections\\5577497\\Program\\Compaq Connections.exe:*:Enabled:Compaq Connections"
"C:\\Program Files\\EarthLink TotalAccess\\TaskPanl.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\EarthLink TotalAccess\\TaskPanl.exe:*:Enabled:Earthlink"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"
"C:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\Kodak EasyShare software\\bin\\EasyShare.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\Kodak EasyShare software\\bin\\EasyShare.exe:*:Enabled:EasyShare"
"C:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\KODAK Software Updater\\7288971\\Program\\Kodak Software Updater.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\KODAK Software Updater\\7288971\\Program\\Kodak Software Updater.exe:*:Enabled:Kodak Software Updater"
"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Messenger"
"C:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger"
"C:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\livecall.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\livecall.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger (Phone)"
"C:\\Program Files\\MySpace\\IM\\MySpaceIM.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\MySpace\\IM\\MySpaceIM.exe:*:Enabled:MySpaceIM"
"C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe:*:Enabled:iTunes"
"C:\\Program Files\\AVG\\AVG8\\avgupd.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\AVG\\AVG8\\avgupd.exe:*:Enabled:avgupd.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\AVG\\AVG8\\avgemc.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\AVG\\AVG8\\avgemc.exe:*:Enabled:avgemc.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\domainprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\Compaq Connections\\5577497\\Program\\Compaq Connections.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Compaq Connections\\5577497\\Program\\Compaq Connections.exe:*:Enabled:Compaq Connections"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"
"C:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger"
"C:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\livecall.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\livecall.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger (Phone)"

Remaining Files :

File Backups: - C:\SDFix\backups\backups.zip

Files with Hidden Attributes :

Mon 25 Dec 2006 211 A.SHR --- "C:\BOOT.BAK"
Wed 13 Oct 2004 1,694,208 ..SH. --- "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe"
Thu 26 Jun 2008 4,348 A.SH. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\DRMv1.bak"
Fri 18 May 2007 0 A.SH. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\Cache\Indiv01.tmp"
Tue 12 Apr 2005 95,892 ...H. --- "C:\Program Files\Comcast\Comcast PhotoShow 4\data\Comcast PhotoShow Deluxe.exe"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 788,568 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\client.exe"
Wed 17 Aug 2005 13,459,528 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\NetscapeOnline\Netscape Tech\nsb-install-8-0.exe"
Wed 17 Aug 2005 233,472 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\NetscapeOnline\Netscape Tech\webutil8.exe"
Wed 17 Aug 2005 389,120 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\NetscapeOnline\Netscape Tech\WinsockFix.exe"
Thu 13 Dec 2007 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\0a67b6c406b1d7e0f5c1e6f6d44a3f6e\BIT5F.tmp"
Tue 1 Jan 2008 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\1ed1b59d1a09d907b309130a93a4867a\BIT83B.tmp"
Thu 13 Dec 2007 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\26924cbc8132a10b438ce6e2b49d4652\BIT5D.tmp"
Thu 13 Dec 2007 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\2769b111678c52099a3b3123b12f2325\BIT61.tmp"
Thu 13 Dec 2007 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\b69c46c5109d0f8b0dee9fab84906813\BIT60.tmp"
Tue 25 Sep 2007 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\cf7ced0e70c80a1e476f1abf49afecb1\BIT44.tmp"
Thu 13 Dec 2007 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\d77b9b5b8fed23dd91f50d167cce60d3\BIT62.tmp"
Thu 13 Dec 2007 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\fa6c916bb150f8a929e7a4ffdfbc120f\BIT5E.tmp"
Tue 6 May 2008 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\fd0264849c01086f3c6b505dc02dbd44\BIT10C.tmp"
Wed 14 Dec 2005 200,704 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Aol\United States\AOL90\ACST4.DLL"
Tue 22 Nov 2005 81,920 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Aol\United States\AOL90\AOLFIREWALLMGR.DLL"
Tue 22 Nov 2005 73,728 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Aol\United States\AOL90\AOLINSTALLERFW.DLL"
Wed 14 Dec 2005 88,064 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Aol\United States\AOL90\INSTPH.DLL"
Wed 14 Dec 2005 200,704 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Aol\United States\AOL90E\ACST4.DLL"
Tue 22 Nov 2005 81,920 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Aol\United States\AOL90E\AOLFIREWALLMGR.DLL"
Tue 22 Nov 2005 73,728 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Aol\United States\AOL90E\AOLINSTALLERFW.DLL"
Wed 14 Dec 2005 88,064 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Aol\United States\AOL90E\INSTPH.DLL"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 77,824 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\acs\AcsInstN.dll"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 6,961,146 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\acs\acsnet.zip"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 3,058,888 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\acs\acssetup.exe"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 307,289 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\asp\aspcheck.dll"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 7,083,361 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\asp\aspsetup.exe"
Wed 21 Sep 2005 1,960,296 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\autoit\autoit-v3.zip"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 550,488 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\deskbar\deskbr.exe"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 553,984 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\flash\FlashAX.exe"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 2,242,759 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\fw\nisale.exe"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 24,064 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\fw\NISChk.dll"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 57,344 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\ocp\ocpchk.dll"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 748,728 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\ocp\ocpinst.exe"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 7,515,304 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\qt\qt.exe"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 86,016 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\qt\QTInsInf.dll"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 45,056 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\rp\RealChk.dll"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 5,111,296 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\rp\RealPl8.EXE"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 4,378,673 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\rp\real_upd.exe"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 360,448 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\rp\rp9codec.exe"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 40,960 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\sysinfo\SiNdInst.dll"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 473,736 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\sysinfo\SinfInst.exe"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 12,288 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\tb\tbinst.dll"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 516,032 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\tb\tbsetup.exe"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 597,080 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\toolbar\toolbr.exe"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 590,688 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\tpspd\TSsetup.exe"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 57,344 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\tpspd\tsverchk.dll"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 49,152 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\vwpt\AOLVPChk.dll"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 61,440 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\vwpt\VPPrePop.exe"
Sun 18 Sep 2005 3,858,056 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\KOL\comps\vwpt\Vwpt.exe"

Finished!

I am a little concerned now because my internet is running REALLY slow now. I also have another question. I have a wireless router and my son has a laptop that is acting very similar to what my computer did but he said his restarts every few minutes. Is there anything I need to worry about with my wireless router or could this just be coincidence? I'll cross my fingers on that one.

You are my hero!! :notworthy:

#8 ken545

ken545

Forum God

• 23,225 posts
  • MVP

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:22 AM

Heather,

Sometimes this garbage does do a little damage, the SDBot worm that we removed is real nasty, those 021 entries you could not find were part of that infection and it was removed by the tool so that's why they were gone.

You had markers in your log for other infections also , so lets run this great program and see what it finds. There may be more malware slowing up your browser.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune to your desktop.
  • This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main choose: Select All
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
Your system may start up slower after running ATF Cleaner, this is expected but will be back to normal after the first or second boot up

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.<-- Don't forget this
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a New Hijackthis log.

Post the malwarebytes log and a new HJT log please

donate.gif

Find us on Facebook
Please LIKE and SHARE

#9 ken545

ken545

Forum God

• 23,225 posts
  • MVP

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:44 PM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed. If you need help please start a new thread and post a new HJT log

donate.gif

Find us on Facebook
Please LIKE and SHARE