Windows xp security centre bug?
Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:33 AM
Register to Remove
Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:57 AM
Please note! that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a different computer or infection.
Please observe these rules while we work:
Perform all actions in the order given.
If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Stick with it till you're given the all clear.
REMEMBER, ABSENCE OF SYMPTOMS DOES NOT MEAN THE INFECTION IS ALL GONE.
If you can do these things, everything should go smoothly.
Please be patient as I need some time to review your Hijackthis log once you have posted it, and i will post back recommendations for repairs.
As I am still on training, everything that I post to you, must be checked by an Admin or Moderator. Thus, there may be a tiny bit of a delay between posts, but it shouldn't be too long.
Download, install and run HJT
Download HJTInstall.exe to your Desktop.
- Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install it.
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
- Click on Install.
- It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
- Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
- Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
- Copy/Paste the log to your next reply please.
- Don't use the Analyse This button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
- Don't have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users