Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

This is beyond my knowledge

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 b10dr01d

b10dr01d

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Computers and cars

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:15 PM

Well i dont know what happened this time, but when my wife turned on her comp she recieved 4 messages that said something like C:\WINDOWS\_default.pif Invalid program file name, please check your pif file. Choose "close" to terminate the application. this completely baffled me so i played around a bit with no luck. My antivirus is shut down and i cant run any applications with out this message showing something like: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Someprog.ink Invalid program file name, please check your pif file. Choose "close" to terminate the application. And thats with all apps. I cant run Hijackthis so i cant post a log, sorry. im stuck and my wife needs her comp for school. If this should be posted somewhere else, my apologies.
Posted Image

Advertisements

Register to Remove