This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

UipopupHidden

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I keep getting the message " Trying to close Uipopuphidden" when I shut down my laptop. I have spent endless amounts of money on spyware/virus/rootkit removers etc and all seem to have their flaws. Can anyone please tell me if I need this on my laptop, if not t how do I remove it? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Im not very technically minded so could you keep it simple plz. Thanx Cyberhax
hi,

I have spent endless amounts of money on spyware/virus/rootkit removers etc

it may not be malware related at all.

a hjt log is needed as a starting reference point:

http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/th…/HJTInstall.exe

* Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
* Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
* By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
* Click on Install.
* It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
* Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
* Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
* Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" and Paste the entire contents in next reply.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI