This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Pop Up Spyware

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a typical spyware problem I think My system tray has a little pop up that reads "YOur Computer is INfected" I ran Norton whcih says it can;t remove the spyware I ran Spyware Doctor whihc di not even spot it I ran Malware bytes which seem to remove somthing but I still have the little pop up red circle with a white X Can anyone help point me in the right direction to remove this nuisance please EncinoMan Thanks
Hi and welcome to the forums here at WTT! :welcome:

Hi,

We need a HijackThis! log to see what's going on here.

[external image: Posted Image]Click here to download HJTInstall.exe
  • Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI