manicd
Topic Starter
Hi
Is it necessary to install Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool if you have an AV?
2 min read
If by "switch off" you really mean you go through the Start Menu option to "gracefully" exit Windows, then shut off the computer, then yes, that is fine and it will finish when you reboot - note, it may finish during that next boot so don't be alarmed if the next boot takes a couple extra minutes.So if it starts running in the background & I switch of the computer will it do a full scan when I next switch back on?
Yes. Everyone with XP needs to install SP3 to ensure you have installed the latest security updates. Note that if you have been disciplined at keeping your system updated, SP3 will have very little impact - a good thing.Also do I need to download XP service pack 3?
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI