Is Malwarebytes Free sufficient for virus removal?
Or do I need the paid version?
1 min read
Is Malwarebytes Free sufficient for virus removal?
Or do I need the paid version?
Hello aubreymh9 and welcome to the WTT
Is Malwarebytes Free sufficient for virus removal?
No. It is an excellent programme but Malwarebytes is not an antivirus - it doesn't have an antivirus engine so it functions differently to that of a traditional antivirus.
Personally, I have Malwarebytes Premium, (also not an antivirus), on my Windows 10 PC but also have Windows Defender as my antivirus - they seem to work well together.
Hope this helps. Please address any other antivirus issues in the Windows forum.
Satchfan
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please follow the instructions here http://forums.whatthetech.com/you_Infected_t106388.html
and start a New Topic.
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI