Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Attempts to download Yahoo Messenger

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nettie724

Nettie724

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:07 AM

Hi, WTT! I was hoping someone could help me w/ this issue. I have a refurbished laptop. It is a HP compaq nc6000. The system is a Microsoft Windows XP Professional w/ Version 2002 Service Pack 2. It is has an IntelŪ PentiumŪ M processor w/ 1600MHz and 589 MHz, 512MB of RAM. For some reason I can't get Yahoo Messenger to load up on my laptop. I can go to the Yahoo website and check my emails. I can even get Yahoo Messenger for the Web but not the regular version so I can chat. If someone has any suggestions on how to fix this problem, please let me know. Thanks, Denise

Edited by Denise9012, 08 May 2008 - 11:33 AM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 EnigmaChick

EnigmaChick

Computer Geek

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:09 PM

The problem is that the current version of Yahoo Messenger needs at least Windows XP or Windows Vista.
There are various free programs that can connect to the Yahoo messenger network(of course they wont give you a lot of the fancy features offered with YM).
These are 2 such programs that can run on Windows 2000.
Pidgin
TrillianBasic

Edited I thought this topic was posted in May of 2009 instead of May 2008 as I just realized but even if it doesn't help the topic poster perhaps it can help others with the same problem.

Edited by EnigmaChick, 11 July 2009 - 11:13 PM.

I'm waiting for a average computer that can't be infected with malware unless it's intentionally ........ 5 years later: I am still waiting

If you want to help this site running and offering free help, please consider giving a donation

#3 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:26 PM

The OP specified that their operating system is Windows XP w/ Service Pack 2.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#4 EnigmaChick

EnigmaChick

Computer Geek

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:23 AM

I'm sorry for such an obvious oversight, I merely say Windows and then 2002 and for some reason missed the Windows XP part. I'd deleted my reply if I could.
I'm waiting for a average computer that can't be infected with malware unless it's intentionally ........ 5 years later: I am still waiting

If you want to help this site running and offering free help, please consider giving a donation