This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Attempts to download Yahoo Messenger

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, WTT! I was hoping someone could help me w/ this issue. I have a refurbished laptop. It is a HP compaq nc6000. The system is a Microsoft Windows XP Professional w/ Version 2002 Service Pack 2. It is has an Intel® Pentium® M processor w/ 1600MHz and 589 MHz, 512MB of RAM. For some reason I can't get Yahoo Messenger to load up on my laptop. I can go to the Yahoo website and check my emails. I can even get Yahoo Messenger for the Web but not the regular version so I can chat. If someone has any suggestions on how to fix this problem, please let me know. Thanks, Denise
The problem is that the current version of Yahoo Messenger needs at least Windows XP or Windows Vista.
There are various free programs that can connect to the Yahoo messenger network(of course they wont give you a lot of the fancy features offered with YM).
These are 2 such programs that can run on Windows 2000.
Pidgin
TrillianBasic

Edited I thought this topic was posted in May of 2009 instead of May 2008 as I just realized but even if it doesn't help the topic poster perhaps it can help others with the same problem.
I'm sorry for such an obvious oversight, I merely say Windows and then 2002 and for some reason missed the Windows XP part. I'd deleted my reply if I could.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI